mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

How a Texas Twstr is Born

Hi yall,

This will be my first build log ever. After the poll I took on MCB and on Automags.org, the consensus of what project I should do next was a mech autococker. After thinking and talking with others, that's what I have decided to do. I'm really excited about this endeavor and can't wait to see what it's going to look like in the end.

I've already got the build log started by buying a body kit. I found and bought it through CommittedPaintball.com, which is Boston Paintball Store.

So the journey begins........

Last edited by jbtamu1011; 09-10-2019 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Change some wording
jbtamu1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Alright folks, I'm a bit confused about the next phase on my build. I am not certain on which pneumatic set I need to buy and whether or not I need a volumizer instead of the banjo bolt.

Should I stick with Inception parts? Or are there some better options out there that are a bit less hurtful to the ol' wallet?

I'm thinking of staying with Inception parts for the internals and trigger frame. Just not sure on the front block pneumatics and the regulator.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Not Legit

There are certainly cheaper options for pneumatics than Inception, but better? That's a little harder to say. The 3-way and ram from Inception are really top notch. I don't love the LPR (too big and the knob is hard to turn) but it works.

If you want cheap, find a set of STO pneumatics on ebay or something. You'll still get really good performance (to the point that you won't notice a difference when playing) but you should be able to find the full set for ~$50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Daddy

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
There are certainly cheaper options for pneumatics than Inception, but better? That's a little harder to say. The 3-way and ram from Inception are really top notch. I don't love the LPR (too big and the knob is hard to turn) but it works.

If you want cheap, find a set of STO pneumatics on ebay or something. You'll still get really good performance (to the point that you won't notice a difference when playing) but you should be able to find the full set for ~$50.
I may actually have a set of STO Pneumatics I could sell.

Also, looking forward to this project, but you need to decide now...

Are you going all in or are you going for cheap?
There’s no point in spending the money on half the project and cutting corners on the other.

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html

WTB Thread (Markers, parts, other) updated 3/3/20
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post3545757

Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
I used to tango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Theres no point in spending the money on half the project and cutting corners on the other.
I kind of disagree, at least in the sense jbtamu is talking about. The reg and pneumatics are probably the most replaceable part of the build and definitely a section you can cut corners on. These parts are usable on other markers or sold for an similar value as bought, most of the time. I would be fine getting a cheap CP reg and stock pneumatics while being less frugal on aspects of the marker you're less likely to replace, like the matching anodized trigger frame, until available funds are open to upgrade those.

Whee McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Daddy

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whee McGee View Post
I kind of disagree, at least in the sense jbtamu is talking about. The reg and pneumatics are probably the most replaceable part of the build and definitely a section you can cut corners on. These parts are usable on other markers or sold for an similar value as bought, most of the time. I would be fine getting a cheap CP reg and stock pneumatics while being less frugal on aspects of the marker you're less likely to replace, like the matching anodized trigger frame, until available funds are open to upgrade those.
I agree if hes just looking for functionality. My opinion is if youre really looking to build this top notch gun from scratch, why bother cutting corners? Go all in! Its your baby!

I built that Spyder recently and at first I was just going to drop in a flash trigger frame.. but then I was thought to myself, why would I do that? Im building this marker, Ive invested all this money in other components, why cut corners on my frame? Will it work? Of course! But then why not just buy a flash?

100% opinion. Just depends if hes looking to build his baby or just a functioning marker.

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html

WTB Thread (Markers, parts, other) updated 3/3/20
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post3545757

Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post

Yeah, I don't want too big of a LPR since this is a mini body. I'm having a hard time trying to find pictures of STO pneumatics. What I do find, I'm not sure if it's really STO parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
I may actually have a set of STO Pneumatics I could sell.

Also, looking forward to this project, but you need to decide now...

There’s no point in spending the money on half the project and cutting corners on the other.
I don't want cheap items, just something that is just as good or best bang for the buck. That's what I meant by something a little less expensive that won't hurt the wallet too badly.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

My favorite parts at the moment are the ccm ivg, inception hammer/bolt pin/3 way/timing rod/volumizer, palmers microrock lpr, ressurection ram (same as inception but cheaper), techt delrin back block, nummech hoseless frame (includes hpr and asa), alien morph valve for 11/16 lowers, shocktech rat valve for 9/16 lowers, aka delrin lightning volt, sconi 12.75" freak xl barrel, belsales beaver tail.

Though yours is a mini so the nummech frame wont work...So for sliders I think the shocktech gunfighter just barely edges out the inception slider. For hinges I find that old PE hinges are the best, closely followed by old dyes and then the new Inception. The inception frames are t rails so i would get their asa the others need a dovetail for which I highly prefer the empire nano, $8 and the smallest rail ever made. For asas I tend to avoid knob styles and go for levers. That said the azodin on off is surprisingly nice for the $25 it cost and its very light and small. Great asas that are hard to find are the macdev and DP raps.

Last edited by The_Hyren; 09-12-2019 at 01:13 PM.
The_Hyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hyren View Post
My favorite parts at the moment are the ccm ivg, inception hammer/bolt pin/3 way/timing rod/volumizer, palmers microrock lpr, ressurection ram (same as inception but cheaper), techt delrin back block, nummech hoseless frame (includes hpr and asa), alien morph valve for 11/16 lowers, shocktech rat valve for 9/16 lowers, aka delrin lightning volt, sconi 12.75" freak xl barrel, belsales beaver tail.

Though yours is a mini so the nummech frame wont work...So for sliders I think the shocktech gunfighter just barely edges out the inception slider. For hinges I find that old PE hinges are the best, closely followed by old dyes and then the new Inception. The inception frames are t rails so i would get their asa the others need a dovetail for which I highly prefer the empire nano, $8 and the smallest rail ever made. For asas I tend to avoid knob styles and go for levers. That said the azodin on off is surprisingly nice for the $25 it cost and its very light and small. Great asas that are hard to find are the macdev and DP raps.
Hyren, thanks for the load of information!! Definitely things I'm going to look at.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Keep in mind this body can only use Inception or Resurrection frames right now because of the tabs. If you want to use other frames you need to have someone mill those off and drill a hole for a rear frame screw.

I'd spend the money for the good stuff on anything that you're going to anodize. It's hard to go back and color match parts so make sure you're happy iwth the parts you choose because you'll be stuck with them.

Also I wouldn't bother with a rail, just buy the POPS or Inception ASA, hands down the best out there and the frames are already slotted for it.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone