mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-02-2019, 08:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
What is it able to do that your nephews equipment can't?
Ah, here's the circular logic issue.

If a players fancy high end gear is in fact equal to rental gear, then there's no reason for you use it in favor of grabbing a rental. You have in fact wasted money by buying it and should logically get rid of it in favor or renting or buying the exact same gun as the rentals.

Then of course someone responds how their gear is more consistent, more effectively accurate, break less paint, more efficient, lighter, etc., etc., etc.
And is thus totally beyond a doubt better than rental in every way and all the advantages are totally worth the money....

But then someone points out they have an advantage, and we get "wait, no, it's like totally equal man, I swear".

And limiting max rate of fire, or even something as simple as playing hopper ball, or using a slower hopper, is functionally the same as switching to a mech, and the starter of this whole thing would probably agree is close enough and if enough players did that there wouldn't be an issue. I sure wouldn't.

But for me, the main thing is that I GET to use a mech when the game is appropriate for it. I GET to play around with mag fed. I GET to show off my pump skills. I GET to be crazy and run around with a pistol. I GET to pull out some crazy frankenstein build I pieced together for less than the cost of a case of paint. All of these are fun.

I ain't God's gift to paintball. On my best day I can maybe pull off "above average". When everyone is rocking full tilt electro I pretty much have to unleash my own if I want to be something that resembles competitive. Same as when a few too many full tilt electro's show up to the mixed rec game, I feel obligated to bring out mine to maintain team balance. But when everyone plays with more appropriate force, well that opens up tons of possibilities.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:03 PM   #52 (permalink)
DAMAGE!

OK Boomer!
LOL, Had to...
didnít I already read this thread on stockclasspaintball.com in 2004?
Totally kidding, I enjoy these discussions.

foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:02 AM   #53 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Ah, here's the circular logic issue.

If a players fancy high end gear is in fact equal to rental gear, then there's no reason for you use it in favor of grabbing a rental. You have in fact wasted money by buying it and should logically get rid of it in favor or renting or buying the exact same gun as the rentals.

Few problems with this

1) in order to argue this you have to also completely ignore all user preferences, ergonomics, weight, ease of use and more

2) I never said they were equal. You are trying to put words in my mouth. I said they serve the same purpose and have the same constraints (velocity/range, projectiles)

If anything they ARE more similar than different but that doesn't mean equal. Buying better paint and cleaning a rental barrel can mean better accuracy than your own gear with cheaper paint. Typically that's not the case though. Same paint with a better barrel will mean better accuracy, not by huge margins but it does help.

ROF is by far the largest advantage owning your own gear CAN have. Take that away and again, the two sets of gear are more similar than different though.

Whatever the case is though, it comes down to you, if you are going to pick up the gear that uses that high ROF (and use it) then none of this matters. If you are self conscious enough to either use something like a pump, then you are also smart enough to either limit yourself on the field with the speedball gear or smart enough to set up a ROF cap off of it. In which case, it doesn't matter that it's "speedball" gear and CAN have a high ROF, you have taken that advantage away

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone