mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-29-2019, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

My Beautiful People...

Spyder Electra:
Evil bolt
Evil valve
Game Face drop-forward
JAVA grips
LAPCO 0.6850 sizer
TASO humpback frame
TASO LPC

Spyder New Hammer:
Springs and stuff
14" Freak barrel

Game Face Bone Daddy:
Empire Apex barrel
Empire grips

They all need some fine tuning, but have managed about 100 kills each, regardless of whatever sputtering nonsense they have had to work through.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191229_185238.jpg (79.3 KB, 335 views)
File Type: jpg 20191229_185256.jpg (80.1 KB, 332 views)
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

Pictures...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191229_213806.jpg (147.7 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg 20191229_213906.jpg (154.0 KB, 301 views)
Old 12-30-2019, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Trekkie

Very cool

That being said, if you call yourself out on a bounce shot (knowing it was skill that hit you and "luck" that saved you) , you may qualify for sainthood
-Mithuna

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Class Clown

Just curious, when using the barrel sizer on the Flash, do you still need the plastic insert that goes with the factory barrel?

My feedback
scottieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

Yes, I am still using the plastic spacer thingy. The barrel shank is much shorter than normal and it will not work without the spacer. But I haven't had any problems using the 0.685" bore sizer.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

CCI Phantom Fan
That Bone Daddy takes me back to old marker catalogs and drooling over fades. Great stuff!
Old 12-30-2019, 08:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ol' Cheatin' Jonny

Kilt Club
Love that single trigger Flash, very nice!
Old 12-31-2019, 01:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

These look fantastic! Much better then my "ghetto" spyder victor build. Although that thing shoots amazing it's not much of a looker lol. I'll post up pics when it's done, it is also rocking a TASO humpback. Those are seriously the comfiest grip frames ever.

Last edited by Myrkul; 12-31-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Myrkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

I literally have a million other projects going on, but these things were just too pretty to pass up. The Game Face Bone Daddy was on Goodwill, and the Spyder Flash was local Craigslist less than a week later. Fades and splash have to be preserved, especially when you find them in the wild for less than $40/ea.

I might need a new sear in my TASO humpback frame... I find that I can outshoot the sear's ability to control the striker, if that makes sense. The trigger pull is nice, and if I unleash a fast string of paint, the marker will sometimes free-cycle. My only saving grace from this turning into a blender is that the blowby gas up the feedneck keeps the paint from reaching the bolt. Lol.

Honestly, I have had the thing free-cycle three times, and never chopped paint. Lol.

I have had over twice as many dry-fire "POP's"!!! from there being no paintball in the chamber when I fire.

But these are the things you either enjoy or hate tinkering with, and this is my $#!+...

The 0.685" bore sizer is working with the Flash barrel spacer thingy pretty well. I have only had one break in the barrel, might have been from aforementioned problems, but it shot clean with none of the normal adverse effects of paint getting around the insert.

I literally just got the Apex barrel for the Game Face, mostly because it was made by Empire, to match the grips lol, and I casually want to mess with the Apex in general. But I need to get that thing dialed in now that I changed the original striker spring for the red spring in a Tippman spring kit... it uses those super thin striker springs, oddly enough. It was suffering from relatively low velocity, but it was working enough to use as my backup for a good while. I replaced some O-rings and the detent, added the Apex barrel... should be fun.

The New Hammer needs some more work with the springs to get some more velocity, but she works every time with whatever you feed her, thanks to the Freak barrel kit.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
I might need a new sear in my TASO humpback frame... I find that I can outshoot the sear's ability to control the striker, if that makes sense. The trigger pull is nice, and if I unleash a fast string of paint, the marker will sometimes free-cycle. My only saving grace from this turning into a blender is that the blowby gas up the feedneck keeps the paint from reaching the bolt. Lol.

Honestly, I have had the thing free-cycle three times, and never chopped paint. Lol.

I have had over twice as many dry-fire "POP's"!!! from there being no paintball in the chamber when I fire.

But these are the things you either enjoy or hate tinkering with, and this is my $#!t.
I got my humpback from Bacci, it didn't have ANY internals lol. I ended up throwing a stock spyder sear and spring with a PT Extreme Trigger & Trigger plate and it works fine. I've never had it free cycle on me once, although before it broke in the trigger did stick once or twice. The sear always reset though. You might want to check your striker itself too, those can also wear. I did have some issues getting the correct sized pins, I went with smaller ones off of "something?" I had laying around. They look like the right size but won't "bite" the TASO frame. I wedged some aluminium duct tape in the holes to keep them from sliding out and have been rocking ever since. I just finished fixing a stripped screw in the body (don't worry I didn't drill out the TASO). It cycles great! Just waiting on a gas line and my new barrel now and it'll be ready to rock!

Come to think of it, it has an Evil Delrin Bolt with the venturi Drilled out. Very inexpensive bolts but I like them.
Myrkul is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone