mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-10-2020, 11:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Trekkie

Inspiration is being inspired in me.

Hold on.

That being said, if you call yourself out on a bounce shot (knowing it was skill that hit you and "luck" that saved you) , you may qualify for sainthood
-Mithuna

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Shi Tamagutsu Ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Idk what the history of it is but I'm willing to bet that it's something along the lines of Hawaiian pizza, didn't actually come from Hawaii.
And you'd be right. Originally called "island style", it had nothing to do with Hawaii. It had to do with a paintball field in New Hampshire known as Deer Island. This goes back to before Tippmann brought out the schraeder valves on tanks in '87, so there was no such thing as an ASA back then.
I have a book from '85 that has pics showing thermo tanks set up that way under the grip using hose clamps.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
How do I turn this on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
And you'd be right. Originally called "island style", it had nothing to do with Hawaii. It had to do with a paintball field in New Hampshire known as Deer Island. This goes back to before Tippmann brought out the schraeder valves on tanks in '87, so there was no such thing as an ASA back then.
I have a book from '85 that has pics showing thermo tanks set up that way under the grip using hose clamps.
EYYYYYY of course I'm wrong

super happy to see the real reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Zombie Bait

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
[]

Just read this. Wonder if this guy could shed some more light on this. Either way DIGGIN the aesthetics of all these.
VSS Vintorez Closed Bolt Mech Ion | Magfed AGD FrankenMag | M14 Mech Ion | First Strike Round Ammo Can | Feedback

Last edited by Calavera357; 01-11-2020 at 12:36 AM.
Calavera357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Mrs. Harbinger the void

I recall seeing a magazine photo of Team Grizwald (I think, like 24 - 26 years ago) with a bunch of markers, stock class obviously, set up this way. Stock class required horizontal feeding, of course, and a bucket changer that fully removed from the marker with at least one full term as well. No aids. This prevented the use of six packs, turret, pump, and lever changers.

Vertical asas aren't common on really any Nelson valve guns from the era. Thus, the best way to set up your marker for a fast reload, especially without taking your marker off of the target (maybe sneak a check valve in too, ) or making yourself a bigger profile, was to put a bottom line on backwards with the bucket changer in front. Attach a simple line to the valve asa with a reducer and you're done. Reloads are faster with a simple hands find hands technique like you use with regular handguns.

It did offer some arguable performance advantages and was even compatible with running a stock.

Last edited by spece108; 01-11-2020 at 01:11 AM.
spece108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

I've run a couple markers this way. Here's an old one I always regretted selling:

MVC-003F.jpg

MVC-006F.jpg

As Diomedes has noted, when running these in a small configuration, the balance is amazing.

Not for everyone, but I've spent a lot of time running these and if you can get used to them, you can send a lot of souls to the deadbox. Diomedes sure has.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Have you seen That Paintball Channel?
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Kingman Whore

This is a pic of my Spyder Cup 2k1 team on the breakout. My buddy Steve was rocking Hawaiian Style that year.

My Feedback
ChoSanJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

god these are great, i used to run a 12oz on my 98 with the asa flipped around. hated it for speedball, but for woods was the t**s.
440SUPERCOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Iím not getting how this setup could be balanced? Isnít all that tank weight tipping the paintgun forward?
Marker Collection: 1996 RF mini cocker, 2002 RF autococker, bonzai splash RF minimag, 68-Automag RF classic, tippmann pro-carbine, tippmann flatline a5 , tippmann 68-special, smart parts 4x4 sport, tfgpb mech warped sp-1, tippmann sl68II , tippmann flatline model-98, gog enmey, tippmann mini-lite, warp feed rainmaker, mech trilogy SF , pro-team gen 2 micromag, be poison.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Meleager7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:25 AM   #20 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

it balances over the FRONT grip. which when on a smaller set up, like a pump gun with a 13 or something similar can feel really good. i think that is the most appealing use of this set up, since your hand has to already be up there anyway. but thats jmo
440SUPERCOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone