mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-25-2020, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Legit

JT making a come back?

So I just noticed this

https://www.ansgear.com/JT_Mega_Lite...rotealgrey.htm

Now granted, I don't think JT is making these in house at all, they are just slapping their name on it. But, they also recently did the flex x so it seems there are some new things coming from the JT camp.

Thoughts?

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

JT making a come back?

In house, no, it’s just a re-labeled Empire megalite.

I rarely look at PBN, but there was an interview with Billy Ceranski last year when he was named President of GI. He did mention they were looking at some brand consolidation and trying to focus more attention and resources back into the bigger, classic brands like Empire, JT, and Tippmann. That seems at least to be the case with JT so far.

I’m cautiously excited about it. Always loved spectra goggles, but of course they have been plagued with lens problems. Production is supposed to be corrected now, so that’s good. But there are undoubtedly still a lot of crap lenses sitting in vendors warehouses. I did buy one of the new bubble jerseys and I love the feel and style. But it’s also a modern, super lightweight, all poly garment. Seems like everything today is made for air ball on a turf field and sometimes “lightweight” just means cheap. We’ll see how it holds up.

I know they won’t ever be the JT of the Gregory days again, but hopefully this is a step in the right direction of doing right by the name.
wunderbarsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Make Paintballs Big Again

I'm partial to the original JT stuff. Spectra/Proshield is still my all time favorite mask, older JT jersey I have is made super well and fits excellent. The quality and novelty may never be the same. Different owners, different manufacturing, different times.

MCB +60/-0
PBN +57/-0
eBay +569/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
I wear the big hat

I know people swear on Ninja stuff, but the Pure Energy bottles & regulators have been around for a long time and I always thought they were pretty solid. Price seems nice too. If I were in the market for a new air bottle I'd definitely consider this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderbarsafari View Post
I rarely look at PBN, but there was an interview with Billy Ceranski last year when he was named President of GI. He did mention they were looking at some brand consolidation and trying to focus more attention and resources back into the bigger, classic brands like Empire, JT, and Tippmann. That seems at least to be the case with JT so far.

I know they won’t ever be the JT of the Gregory days again, but hopefully this is a step in the right direction of doing right by the name.
We shall see. They allowed Tippmann & JT to fall pretty far. I mean, people (regulars & rec players alike) want a quality product, and what better way to do that than through an easily recognizable name? It doesn't make sense to me what GI did with the quality brands of old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthelazerviking View Post
The quality and novelty may never be the same. Different owners, different manufacturing, different times.
Exactly. Some stuff doesn't change much, but a lot of it does. It's kinda sad.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
ZelRolFox’s Given.

Hell yeah I started with a nitroduck 68/3k when they first came out. Then I went to a pure energy 68/45 and that thing kept up with me and my angel
Of yesteryear lol.
d2thearkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
New York

The only "new" piece of paintball clothing I have purchased in the last decade has been a JT FX 2.0 jersey I bought on clearance, it is probably 5 years old at this point. Its so padded its like a kids Batman costume but it fits really well, seems to be pretty decent material (I dont use it that regularly to comment on the wear and tear), and has a lot of cool features (built in half hand gloves, padding in the right spots, breathable mesh, and cut for a pod pack). JT used to make some of the best pants and goggles back in the day so I'm excited to see what they come up with. I still wear a 15 year old Proflex, with newer lenses, and I love it. Seeing new "JT 05 Team" style pants makes me giddy.
GZ Intimidator
Classic Intimidator
Proto PM5
Tippman 98 Custom
Rex R3
WGP Trilogy Sport
PMI Tagmaster
ACI Maverick
SP Ion
jvisconti97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaman5266 View Post
I know people swear on Ninja stuff, but the Pure Energy bottles & regulators have been around for a long time and I always thought they were pretty solid. Price seems nice too. If I were in the market for a new air bottle I'd definitely consider this one.

O for sure, I for one an not saying PE is not a solid brand.

But to me, here is how I look at it

PE is like a Honda Accord station wagon. Sturdy, reliable, gets the job done, nothing wrong with it.

Then ninja comes on the scene and overnight releases the Subaru wrx station wagon, has amazing customer service, let's you know how to work on it yourself and has a Warrenty that is longer than anyone else in the industry

It's not really a competition at that point, the ninja Subaru is better. That doesn't mean the PE Honda is bad though, it's just been beat out

If I had to pick 3 tank brands right now, it would be ninja, empire PE in that order.

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone