-   The Dead Zone (
-   -   CP reg question (

sledgebone 04-26-2006 11:40 AM

CP reg question
Ive got a long CP reg with the internal straight fitting out of the bottom. I was wondering if anyone has removed the fitting and replaced it with a screw in 90*? I dont know if it can be done. Anyone know?

B 04-26-2006 12:46 PM

It takes quite a bit of effort and the right tools but it is removable. You will need a few of the following tools to succeed vice with padded jaws, strap wrench, heat gun, 3 or 4 jaw chuck if you lack any of these tools seek out a professional.

HurtCow 04-26-2006 04:36 PM

The fitting comes out w/ an allen key thru the middle. It's a standard straight macro fitting. Unfortunately a 90 won't fit in far enough to engage the threads. I have one and am having the same issue. I might drop by PPS and see if they have a 1/8" straight male/female fitting that I can thread down into it and screw a 90 into.

Robertsr 04-26-2006 04:39 PM

The hardware store should have a male/male 1/8ths connector that will do the job for you.

Just be advised that once you get it in, you aren't getting it out without destroying the threads and needing to buy another connector. I did the same sort of thing with a gas through grip that was macroline only before I got to it.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC