mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

3D printing and CAD Design and 3D Scanning Service

Hey Guys, I know I won't be the first person to be offering a 3d printing service, but I Would like to offer my services with CAD and printing. I have been working with printers for over a year now, and I think I can bring something to this forum, so contact me with PM's or post here and I will get back to you as soon as I can. with info on pricing ( I have a system for price calculation based on plastic type and such) I print anything up to a 6in Diameter and a 9 in height. ( I can scale objects as well.)

NEW 3D Scanning Service PM for more info

NEW PRINTER: Printrbot Plus with DUAL EXTRUDERS
Print objects in 2 materials at once and with a size up to 10'' Cubed!!!!

Currently in stock I have These materials for printing
ABS Plastic: White
PLA Plastic: Yellow, Orange, Grey, Green, White, Blue, Clear
T-Glase: Blue
Stocking/Testing Ninjaflex Currently.

Some info on materials:

ABS Plastic: ABS is a Strong material for printing and is one of the standards next to PLA, although it does have downsides such as warping slightly,and being a little harder to print with, It does have a Rather high melting temp, and is a stronger thermoplastic.

PLA Plastic: PLA standing for Polylactic acid. It is another standard Thermoplastic being rather easy to print and a cheaper material to print with, This is my favorite print material for many other reasons, so I commonly stock it in many colors. It does hold up very strong if you need it to but is slightly less strong than ABS. PLA is also Biodegradable and has a slightly lower melting point than that of ABS.
This allows me to deliver this material slightly cheaper than that of ABS.

T-Glase: This Plastic is incredibly strong and much more powerful than ABS or PLA. It is a Translucent material that I can arrange from being almost Opaque to being very translucent and nearly transparent. ( Light passes through it Check picks below) I love T-Glase because of its wonderful look, and its high strength. This makes it a great material to use, and I can deliver it at reasonable prices, however it is a slightly more expensive plastic than that of ABS or PLA.

Ninjaflex: (More to come, But This material is practically elastic or rubber, being able to flex and stretch. I have just ordered this material and haven't done my initial testing on it. Expect a price being similar to that of T-Glase.)

Update on Ninjaflex: I have some ninjaflex in stock and have been printing with it. Is very strong and keeps its shape. I only have a small supply of this material currently.

Now To CAD Design Services:

I have been doing CAD Design for over a year now, and am very confident in my skills in Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015, and can offer a wide array of work in CAD design. I haven't Set a exact price yet on my services, ( depends on complexity of the piece) But I will work on very reasonable prices. Typical Price on a Job is $30 USD but Contact me and I can work with you on pricing.

I will say that I am a great supporter of any returning customers that would come back to me for more prints, and am happy to work within peoples budget for their printing desires.

Well Now to some pictures of Prints and designs by me personally:

I worked on a Project to design a simple model of a buggatti veyron a little while back, I can import pics of the design and final results as well.

Send me a PM if you are interested, I am happy to print for you and would love to hear your guys thoughts. Just PM me for more information.

Also I would like to reserve the right refuse to print objects at my own discretion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (271.9 KB, 562 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (280.8 KB, 561 views)
File Type: jpg Photo on 3-28-14 at 4.20 PM.jpg (248.5 KB, 558 views)
File Type: jpg Photo on 7-28-14 at 11.18 AM.jpg (215.8 KB, 560 views)

Last edited by paintballer999; 06-13-2015 at 07:16 PM.
paintballer999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quick Update, I got some ninjaflex in and sadly my printer can't handle it too well at the moment, so I am upgrading it currently ( hopefully printing ninjaflex soon)and will update soon.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Make Paintballs Big Again

Hmmm...
I might be curious in having a clear pump handle made for the CCI Phantom under cocking kit.

MCB +42/-0
PBN +56/-0
eBay +487/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthelazerviking View Post
Hmmm...
I might be curious in having a clear pump handle made for the CCI Phantom under cocking kit.
Im pretty sure I can do that.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

I am in awe of 3d printing, and there seems to be tons of unrealized potential in paintball. Why not create a file for an autococker body? The file could be basic, and you could sell the file with some minimum dimensions not to be changed, a disclaimer/liability waiver, and a promise not to resell. You could make some crazy bodies, but I think you should sell the file for $10 or so. Others could use the file and do cosmetic craziness with the file. They could create team bodies or do stuff like the old aim eagle.
If you can't do this, could you point out the tech limitation? I was really impressed with the guy who made a complete 3d printed marker, and he even printed the barrel threads!
Old 12-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I suppose a simpler idea would be a cocker threaded phantom body. People could put their name in the side or give it fins and stuff.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
I am in awe of 3d printing, and there seems to be tons of unrealized potential in paintball. Why not create a file for an autococker body? The file could be basic, and you could sell the file with some minimum dimensions not to be changed, a disclaimer/liability waiver, and a promise not to resell. You could make some crazy bodies, but I think you should sell the file for $10 or so. Others could use the file and do cosmetic craziness with the file. They could create team bodies or do stuff like the old aim eagle.
If you can't do this, could you point out the tech limitation? I was really impressed with the guy who made a complete 3d printed marker, and he even printed the barrel threads!
I could do this, ( Not that hard actually.) But I would need people who actually want to buy it.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Aggalicious

There are plenty of AC bodies available in 3d models, you just have to know where to look (or the right people to ask)
AbeShip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxpro69 View Post
There are plenty of AC bodies available in 3d models, you just have to know where to look (or the right people to ask)
yeah, I just don't feel like modeling it if no-one is asking for it. and if there are already models for it.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thanks for that info. I am surprised that this isn't all over the BST here. Sometimes, I think you make something and market it. The guys around here seem to keep developing new demand for unnecessary things.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum