mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:50 AM   #281 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I will have all remaining orders completed and shipped out by Monday.

My curing oven broke down and that shut me down completely. The oven was custom built and the shop that made it is no longer in business. I had a very hard time finding the issue and then getting the parts I needed to get it back up and going was a nightmare.

With that said I have my oven back in working order now and I am working as fast as possible to get everything out. It’s 3:00am here and I just put another batch in the oven. I will also be working tomorrow and tomorrow night as well to get everything completed before I go back to work at my full time job on Monday.

I would have just simply refunded all of the current jobs when my oven went down, but I had most of them already blasted and racked for painting so I was committed at that point. I also had to redo everything that was already coated and in the oven when it when down because it did not finish the curing cycle and I did not want to risk sending them out and having the finish fail.

I can assure everyone that all orders will be completed and returned. I have been doing this since 2008 and have never failed to get a part back to its owner. I am not a thief or a scammer I will get the work done correctly and get everyone their parts back. I appreciate everyone’s patience. I promise that I am doing my level best.

It makes me sick to my stomach to say this.... But I would also like to announce that this will be my last batch of parts ever before I shut down for good. I did this as a side job /hobby because I very much enjoy the work and it made me very happy. But I simply am not able to invest enough time into it anymore to do it reliably and I don’t make enough to justify the expensive repairs on my aging equipment. So I am forced to hang it up for good. I don’t want to risk leaving the community that I have been involved with since 1999 on a worse note than I am already. This community means a lot to me and it has been a great run. I have enjoyed working for each and every one of my customers and every project that has left my shop has sentimental value to me because of the time that I put into it. Thank you to everyone who has trusted me with their parts. I appreciate the opportunity and it has meant more to me than you will ever know. Thank you all.
VooDoo_Coatings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:18 AM   #282 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Thanks for the service man, your quality has always been top notch and I appreciate the work you've done for the community.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:41 PM   #283 (permalink)
Make Paintballs Big Again

Shoot! Sad I won't be able to get a project done. Best of luck.

MCB +42/-0
PBN +56/-0
eBay +487/-0
iamthelazerviking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:54 PM   #284 (permalink)
pump junkie

CCI Phantom Fan
Sad to see you go. I have enjoyed seeing the pictures of your work in this thread.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:07 AM   #285 (permalink)
trophy husband

I totally understand. Thanks for the explanation too. It's definitely annoying how a fun side project can quickly turn into a stressful "job" that changes everything. If you ever decide to offer services again, I'm sure people would understand if you switch to a only-one-at-a-time system. That's what I do with pneumag projects, and it alleviates a lot of the stress.
rawbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:46 AM   #286 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
All orders have been completed and either shipped out yesterday or will be going out tomorrow morning after I get off work.
VooDoo_Coatings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #287 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

CCI Phantom Fan
Sad to see, but good luck in the future. Thanks for completing some great projects!

Time to find another coating service that understands paintball equipment.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:02 PM   #288 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Well, it seems not ALL of the jobs were completed and shipped out. Mine was just shipped out; completely and utterly untouched. Again. All things considered, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'm just glad to be done with VooDoo coatings.
Morbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:43 AM   #289 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Got mine back, completed, and glad itís over!
clemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:10 AM   #290 (permalink)
Rec Poster

At least somebody got the job done. I'm genuinely glad for you.
Morbo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum