mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-04-2011, 04:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
ton up boy

I would stay away from 7, just cause it was the only year of that eyepipe, and support will end soon. Flow plug never bothered me, and they all shoot the same.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
baader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
a.k.a. Kazzy

CCM Fan
Having owned a DM7, DM8, DM9, DM10, and now DM11

I would say I would rather have a DM7 than a DM8, a DM9 rather than a DM10, and A DM9 over a DM7...but the DM11 is absolutely unreal.

The price difference between a used DM7 and DM9 is only around $100-200 so I think it'd probably be worth it to spring for the DM9...no detent covers, no plug...you get the hyper 3.

Dye supports all of their markers...this "support will end soon" is rubbish. You can still call dye or a dye dealer and get any part you need for any Dye Matrix. You're thinking Planet Eclipse or Bob Long.

Ebay Feedback
RCasna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Habs fan!

CCM Fan
One feature not to be overlooked on the dm7 is the fact that the soleniod is rebuildable. Eye pipes can be ordered from dye for any of them.
Studwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Had a DM7 in my possession for a little while as well as a DM9. I've used m8's a lot too though.

They all shoot the same, they are all easy to service, never had issues with any. The DM7 and DM8 just felt HORRIBLE in my hands. The DM9 feels a little better.

I'd go with a DM9 myself.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Ive owned a 7 for a while and loved it. Didnt like the grippy junk on the hyper 3's and my 7 felt a bit more "streched out" for some reason the 8 and 9 felt too cramped for me, and i guess its just me but i like eye covers, and i didnt like their own special reg threads. My ONLY gripe is i wish i could put a later model eye pipe in mine so i didnt have to worry about detents. And the Flow plug is easily fixed by a 10 dollar cp plug which i believe they still sell, bought one this year at dday at their tent.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tubular!

Heck, CP still makes dm6 flow plugs. And Paintballer187 re-released the dm5 flow plugs. Rejoice!
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tubular!

Paintballer187.com - Performance and Apparel

Check the news update right on the front page. "Epek" is sort of his brand name, so don't get that confused with "etek." And he offers custom engraving on the front of it for $3, which is badass. Contact him and see if he'll lazer engrave an image. I feel like getting another dm5 just to get the plug!
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Paintballer187.com - Performance and Apparel

Check the news update right on the front page. "Epek" is sort of his brand name, so don't get that confused with "etek."
Found it. Thanks! These are much better than the non-bevelled IMBERIMAN plugs from PBN...
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
OLD FART

Just saw this and jumped over to Paintballer187 and bought a flow plug for my DM4. Within minutes of purchase received email asking if I had a font that I preferred. Very nice.
I have a DM4 w/virtue board that shoots incredible. Just picked a DM8 w/dm9 eye pipe very cheap. Fixed the leak(last owner had lpr shim stack in wrong and missing oring on bolt) and now shoots great.
IOG
PBN
I do as I please as long as it's been approved by the wife........or she doesn't know about it yet
butternutvalley is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye