mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
it must have been a switch during the dye era

my matrix was one of the first.. (00275) slideswitch even.

the beehive reg was 1/8th NPT, we originally started using minicocker ASA's for an adapter before there was an actual factory ASA option (also you hd to file off a portion of the vertical adapter because the body of it wouldn't have enough room to clear the front of the frame)
i ran a minicocker vert adapter until the LCD matrix came out, and the LCD asa threaded right in. no issues (which makes it also 1/8ths NPT), and i don't see why they would have changed the CAM programming for the body.. until dye did with the DM3

i didn't speak up before because from the nature of the issue it sounded like you were having issues with your regulator screwing into the VASA (its tank threading.. its been a universal standard for over 20 years)
not the VASA screwing into the body (which could have been changed at any point if the manufacturer decided to)

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback

Last edited by Tracker; 05-08-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tinkerer

He is having an issue with the regulator screwing in.

As far as the threads from the VASA screw to the body... The earlier bodies were 1/8npt and they later switched to 3/8-24 which is pretty close in size. I'm pretty sure once they went away from the beehive they were 3/8-24. It would make sense being that the VASA is sealed with o-rings so there's no reason for a tapered thread.
Macdave06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Patient Zero

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdave06 View Post
He is having an issue with the regulator screwing in.

As far as the threads from the VASA screw to the body... The earlier bodies were 1/8npt and they later switched to 3/8-24 which is pretty close in size. I'm pretty sure once they went away from the beehive they were 3/8-24. It would make sense being that the VASA is sealed with o-rings so there's no reason for a tapered thread.
the lcd was still 1/8ths npt, as changing it? why bother, you already have the machines loaded and the tooling bought..

now when dye took it over, they changed the milling on the body by a hair, and i could definitely see them having changed the thread when they updated the cam programming

Trackers feedback
Old 05-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

I appreciate all of the feedback here guys! And just to clarify, my VASA has the screw that tightens it to the body itself (not threaded in). It also does have an oring on the top between the body and VASA so I assume this is a standard DM3 part and not some super old version with different threading/milling etc... My issue was screwing the HPR into the actual VASA. If you know for a fact that all VASA threads have been the same forever, then that can only mean the threads were somehow botched on the VASA when I received it.
cpxgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Patient Zero

CCM Fan
that would be my guess. i would be curios to see what a thread gauge says those are. because as far back as i can remember, standalone regulators have always been tank threaded until dye released the DM8

dates back to the days when you could run a cocker on a vert bottle. also why they use THAT specific steel 12pt screw, so it can depress the valve pin

Trackers feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye