mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Brass and Wood Fan
Some of them have the eye wire looping around the front, and if you see a matrix with the longer milling on the side that means it has eyes too unless the person that had it took them out for some reason. Otherwise you cant tell.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
Some of them have the eye wire looping around the front, and if you see a matrix with the longer milling on the side that means it has eyes too unless the person that had it took them out for some reason. Otherwise you cant tell.
Sweet! Thanks
killswitch43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

IIRC Dye matrix's all had eyes.

Look up photos of some dye matrix's and some Gen E matrix's and see the physical differences yourself.

One thing is that most dye matrix's are matte in various colors while most gen E's are gloss black.

Ive always wanted an ironman or any custom gun with the dead air chamber milled off. I dig the guns. Il own one someday.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Cunha, wish I'd known! I saw one go cheap the other week on e-bay. $120 for the sucker.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
I recall seeing one on the BST forum here for $150 shipped and it was mint.

Honestly, I've had a couple and never really got comfortable with them--they were a transitional design and things were SO much better with the DM4, that I'd probably steer clear. They are finicky and tempermental.

If you've got $150 to spend, I'd say put your money into a newer gun for the same price--DM4, DM5, PM5, PM6 would all be better choices, IMHO. The DM3 is for the hard core OG only...
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Wow, old topic.

I bought one on here last week for $130, in mint condition.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
...since there's two posts here...I'm going to post too...

I have two vintage matrix's. One Gen E Trix (blind) that works great, absolutely love it. And I have a NYX (with eyes). Both are great markers. With the different chips and upgrades out there, you can have it shoot just as good as any other matrix out there. Honestly. I have a third vintage matrix coming in the mail in a few weeks. I actually prefer the older matrix's over the newer ones for the most part.

If you want a UL frame'd marker, you can get a UL frame for you vintage. There's single triggers frames, multiple double trigger frames (UL, 50/50, 90* frames, etc.). Though the only thing that may make people not like the older matrix's in my honest opinion is the weight. And yes, they are gas hogs. But there's different internals and mods you can do to the internals to improve the efficiency. I love them.
Current Collection: Azodin KP3 - GOG Enmey - AGD ULE Mag - Bob Long Defiant - Empire Axe - AM-P Illusion - Tippmann 68 Carbine - Tippmann SL 68 II - ICD Promaster - Tippmann 98 Custom (x2) - Smart Parts Ion (x2) - System X Type X
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
cannon operator

Send a message via AIM to gunner79

actually they never produced a ul frame for the 03 and older matrices, i know you can mod a DM4/5/C ul frame with a hold drilled here and some metal milled here

"You are not predestined to be a hero, you do not choose to be one, you must be one.
And when the dust settles, and you have made the choices you have made, if you have survived, then that will be your only reward.
Then it's on to your next mission.

gunner79 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye