mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
PMR leak... manual didn't help

Posted on the nation... not sure how much help that will be but I'm crossing my fingers

Alright guys, I have a PMR that I just picked up for dirt cheap, it's got a massive leak coming from in between the body and grip frame (feels like the side of the solenoid, but not 100% on that.

Took it to the field and happened to run into a guy who has a few PMR's and was very familiar with spoolers in general. After reading the sticky we replaced the Sail o-ring (along with all the others on the bolt) and the 3 big #020 on the outside of the can (actually IIRC we replaced all on the outside...) we then pulled the solenoid and lubed the gasket and re-seated it. Turned the Hyper 2 down really low (2 turns?) and tried to air it up, still leaking...

It's a very very heavy leak, not minor hissing.

Other things that may be worth mentioning, when I first took it apart the #5 (BN 14) size oring that sits inside the can was not in it's seat and was floating on the bolt, and the #5 (BN 14) on the end of the bolt was also missing. The dude who looked at it says the pressure was obviously set way to high.

My negative thinking is guessing the solonoid just got too much pressure and died... but I hope I'm wrong.

Help!
Redbeard the Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Well it seems like you already did all the correct trouble shooting with the replacing of the orings on the bolt which cause common leaks through the solenoid. The next step would be to take the solenoid apart and check if the orings on it are shredded. Also make sure when you replace the solenoid that is seated properly. I dont know if the eyes of the PMR are ribbon or wire. If they are wire make sure that they are not under the noid when you try and get it to seat. Also when replacing the solenoid to the body usually it takes one shot to make the seal. That is how i do it when i clean my DM6 it will leak when put back in but one pull of the trigger seals it.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

The manual that come with the PMR is wrong on the o-rings, if you went to PBN then you should have read this PMR Ultimate Sticky v1.0 - PbNation which shows where o-rings go correctly. For overall matrix air leak troubleshooting I find PMR manuals and basic leak/ troubleshooting guide - MatrixOwner this thread to be the most helpful.

I dont know if linking to other PB forums is allowed but those 2 threads are some of the best info for PMR's
Judge Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It is ok to link to there i have done it before. It honestly has the most comprehensive sticky on the Matrix line of markers.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yea, I threw my manual away and printed those stickies and thats what I keep with my rail.
Judge Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Parker View Post
The manual that come with the PMR is wrong on the o-rings, if you went to PBN then you should have read this PMR Ultimate Sticky v1.0 - PbNation which shows where o-rings go correctly. For overall matrix air leak troubleshooting I find PMR manuals and basic leak/ troubleshooting guide - MatrixOwner this thread to be the most helpful.

I dont know if linking to other PB forums is allowed but those 2 threads are some of the best info for PMR's
Yup, the info I used for replacing everything came from the PBN sticky. I put "manual" in the thread cause I didn't want to mention PBN in the title. worried about getting in trouble for mentioning them? If that makes sense.
Redbeard the Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye