mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to o_nothing

2 Cents...

I saw a guy work on a proto all day at a field I was at in Korea. He kept messing with and messing with just couldnt figure it out. It was at first leaking just like you said and then he replaced all the orings no more leak but still wouldn't fire right just like what your saying.

now heres the fixer. Theres a set-screw in the bolt assembly that he kept screwing in all the way stopping the bolt in the assembly from spinning properly. As soon as he backed it back out it shot fine.

Hope it helps
O NOtHING
o_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

the lpr could be low. i have found most often on older matrices that one of the inner o-rings that the bolt rides on is swollen and bogging the bolt down. disassemble bolt, clean and lube and move the bolt in and out of the top hat and the front cylinder. the bolt is tapered so it will be a tighter fit when it is completely backed into the top hat but it should not be overly tight. same goes for the front cylinder. if you have the o-rings go ahead and replace the inner top hat and front cylinder o-rings. lube and give it a try. This is why when you pull the trigger several times the bolt inches its way forward until it fires, its just too tight a fix. and while turning up the lpr will sometimes fix this, its not really addressing the problem, and then your bolt will be hitting the paint much harder than it should.

tl;dr replace inner tophat and front cylinder orings that the bolt rides inside.
opiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Legendary

I've gone through about 3 different internal Top Hat o-rings. That and the bolt sail o-ring are traditionally the most important o-rings in a matrix. The bolt has free movement under the beercan; it's not overly tight.

I had completely dismissed the LPR because it looked totally different than what I expected. I guess this means this next weekend I'll take another crack at the stupid ****er. I WILL MAKE YOU WORK! DO YOU HEAR ME YOU STUPID BROKEN PROTO? YOU WILL OBEY *ME*
Bonesjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Yah thats an LPR problem for sure. Just dealt with the same problem on my dads yesterday... took about 2 minutes to fix and get the gun all tuned up and running well. (Except for the part where the eye ribbons are torn. But that was the guy the sold it to me fault.)
Phate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #15 (permalink)

RTP Fan
I hate the eye ribbon design, and wired eyes BARELY fit in there either....I actually broke one of my wired eyes because I tightened the frame to the body too tight.
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesjackson View Post
I had completely dismissed the LPR because it looked totally different than what I expected.
wat?
opiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiep View Post
wat?
i think that if it didn't look like a Rock then it isn't a LPR.

that's what i believe he meant.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

It's the LPR homeboy. Turn that pressure up until it shoots consistently over the chrono. If it blows a tophat o-ring you know you've gone too far.

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
LPR to low and HPR to high...

I forgot what the setting should be at for the LPR, Ill ask around at work today and see if any one can remember, I had a pm5 for all but a day hehe.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

check that the board settings arent set at min. put it all to default and work your way around the board
tew sik is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye