mcarterbrown.com  

Ebay Oddities Found something funny, out of place, or you just need to share it? Post those here

Old 10-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
In all seriousness, is this a violation of Ebay policies? Pepperballs as Paintballs

Hot Pepper Oil Paintball Pepper Ball Ammo Pepperballs - eBay (item 260683903104 end time Nov-26-10 05:21:29 PST)

Can you sell pepperballs as paintballs? I would think this to be unacceptable...I certainly do not want agglets having a laugh by popping a few in the hopper before a game!
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Well, they can sell pepper spray, so I don't see why not, though I'm not familiar with E-Bays policies on that. $20 for FIVE balls though?! WOW, I don't see any agglets dropping that kind of cash for them.
xero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
I guess my issue with it is that it is being dual listed in the self-defense AND paintball categories. Since these have no place in use as sport, that would seem inapporpriate to me... but YMMV.
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
I guess my issue with it is that it is being dual listed in the self-defense AND paintball categories. Since these have no place in use as sport, that would seem inapporpriate to me... but YMMV.

You're right, they shouldn't be calling them "paintballs". A pepperball is filled with "pepper" and a paintball is filled with paint.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
I'm on a boat!

Send a message via AIM to Greywolf Send a message via Yahoo to Greywolf

Definitely doesn't have a place on a paintball field. Although I've had thoughts of keeping a few in my pocket for one-balling people who like to wipe.

We used to use the random oil-fill 'balls we'd get for that "back when"
Old 10-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Definitely doesn't have a place on a paintball field. Although I've had thoughts of keeping a few in my pocket for one-balling people who like to wipe.

We used to use the random oil-fill 'balls we'd get for that "back when"

I still have a couple tubes of that paint...
infamoussmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I've seen this product before but only at a store for law enforcement. They use it for riot control. If these are as strong as advertized, I wouldn't want to use these for home protection. Once the ball breaks on the subject, you'll get peppered when this goes airborn. I didn't think this was legal to sell to the public. And yes, once I saw this product, I thought it would be a way of retaliating against wipers. Just would hate to get a ball break.
Bouncer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xero28 View Post
Well, they can sell pepper spray, so I don't see why not, though I'm not familiar with E-Bays policies on that. $20 for FIVE balls though?! WOW, I don't see any agglets dropping that kind of cash for them.
Remember, these are the kids who buy $300 goggle straps, $500 sandanas, and a new $1200 gun every year that will be worth $400 the next unless they put new grips and a non-matching CP reg on it, then it's 1-of-1 and then it only loses $500 in value.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissparta View Post
Remember, these are the kids who buy $300 goggle straps, $500 sandanas, and a new $1200 gun every year that will be worth $400 the next unless they put new grips and a non-matching CP reg on it, then it's 1-of-1 and then it only loses $500 in value.
True, true. This is just a drop in the bucket for them. I guess I was just thinking about the rest of us poor people who actually have jobs and families and can't rely on our parents bank accounts to fund our shenanigans. (Says the guy who's burning money in an Evil-M project and hopes his wife doesn't find out )
Old 10-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Unless there's actually a law that classifies them differently than pepper spray then it would just be a "restricted" item on ebay:

Some personal defense items, such as pepper spray and mace, can be listed as long as you follow the law on the sale of these items. Before buying or selling these items, check your city and state laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Ebay Oddities