mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-06-2014, 04:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

Etek 2 should be using an Etek bolt. Call PE about getting one. They don't seal properly I believe. PE should ship you one for free.

Free face painting.....bring yo kidz.......
AngryScottishRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Confronting the Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScottishRocker View Post
Etek 2 should be using an Etek bolt. Call PE about getting one. They don't seal properly I believe. PE should ship you one for free.
Okay, I'll look into that ASAP. But as far as I know, I thought Eteks were able to take the cure bolts as long as they had the stock PE bolt pin

And my mistake, I am using a 9 volt...stupid typo. It's a brand new Duracell

And the only thing not on factory settings is the hpr, which I turned out to raise velocity. But I'll set that back to flush today and try to work with it

Feedback

"Come on you apes. You want to live forever?" -Johnny Rico
"The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed." -Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Last edited by packersrule729; 08-06-2014 at 07:41 AM.
packersrule729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Confronting the Shadow

Increased the dwell a bit today, and low and behold, I fixed the problem! I worked with the reg and it seems to be shooting well! Thanks again everyone for the help! Someday I'll stop being willfully ignorant of these guns!

Feedback

"The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed." -Stephen King, The Gunslinger
Old 08-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

EGOs are like cockers (and most other poppets) in the sense that the reg being turned up TOO HIGH actually holds the valve shut. You want to set your LPR to factory, set the HPR to your chrono speed, and if it maxes out below how high it needs to be then increase your dwell.

Sounds like your dwell just wasn't right and you had everything else correct. I've seen this on DYE guns, the factory board dwell setting isn't the true dwell, it has some base compensation built in that isn't adjustable, while Virtue boards use a TRUE dwell setting, so you may have to run a higher dwell than initially recommended by PE to achieve a full cycle.

Good news is, since its and unbalance poppet, dwell settings shouldn't affect efficiency! Glad to see you got it going!

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.

I also work on other markers, PM for info.

Dealer for: Planet Eclipse, Ninja, GI/Empire/Tippmann/etc, Dye, Exalt, GoG, Valken, HK, GXG, CP, Push

PM me if you're looking for something. No, I will not sell it to you for cheaper than everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Part of owning a cocker is problem solving
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Confronting the Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
EGOs are like cockers (and most other poppets) in the sense that the reg being turned up TOO HIGH actually holds the valve shut. You want to set your LPR to factory, set the HPR to your chrono speed, and if it maxes out below how high it needs to be then increase your dwell.

Sounds like your dwell just wasn't right and you had everything else correct. I've seen this on DYE guns, the factory board dwell setting isn't the true dwell, it has some base compensation built in that isn't adjustable, while Virtue boards use a TRUE dwell setting, so you may have to run a higher dwell than initially recommended by PE to achieve a full cycle.

Good news is, since its and unbalance poppet, dwell settings shouldn't affect efficiency! Glad to see you got it going!
Yeah, exactly what you had here. Thanks for the insight!

Feedback

Old 08-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Confronting the Shadow

So, I took the gun out on the field today (or my girlfriend, rather). And the shooting was markedly improved. However, for about every hopper full of paint, she was still experiencing between 3-4 double feeds, with occasional breakage.

Are there any other settings I can play around with to rectify this? It's really baffling me. I'm ordering some new detents, but I really don't think they are the issue. Also going to lube/check orings throughout the gun.

Feedback

Old 08-12-2014, 02:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Most likely cause is the detents or hopper putting too much force in, but other possibilities could be too small of paint or incorrect bolt.

Any idea what the bore size on your paint is? Are the breaks happening in the barrel or in the breech? And are the double feeds 2 balls loading at once or one ball being loaded, failing to complete a cycle and just being pushed into the barrel, and another cycle happening to load the second ball and fire them both?

Lets get this figured out!

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.

Dealer for: Planet Eclipse, Ninja, GI/Empire/Tippmann/etc, Dye, Exalt, GoG, Valken, HK, GXG, CP, Push

PM me if you're looking for something. No, I will not sell it to you for cheaper than everyone else.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2014, 09:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Confronting the Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
Most likely cause is the detents or hopper putting too much force in, but other possibilities could be too small of paint or incorrect bolt.

Any idea what the bore size on your paint is? Are the breaks happening in the barrel or in the breech? And are the double feeds 2 balls loading at once or one ball being loaded, failing to complete a cycle and just being pushed into the barrel, and another cycle happening to load the second ball and fire them both?

Lets get this figured out!
I appreciate the enthusiasm and helpfulness.

The hopper settings are on the slowest speed. I have new detents coming in the mail this week.

The bore size of the paint is extremely small, roughly .678 or so. It's the GI Sportz field paint stuff. Kinda crap if you ask me. I have it bored with a .679 freak insert.

The breaks are happening in the barrel. Basically, what is happening is one ball is failing to complete the cycle, getting stuck in the barrel and the next shot will fire completely and both will come out, obviously with a considerable drop in velocity. Granted, it's not happening too often, but enough for it to be an issue. Especially with the occasional breakage occurring in the barrel.

My hope is that the new detents help, and that the old ones were becoming worn down and pliable. Seems like my best case scenario here

Feedback

Old 08-13-2014, 03:07 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

If one ball is failing to complete the cycle you most likely need to raise the dwell or LPR pressure further. The Adjustment screw for the LPR should be flush with the LPR housing. If it is, try increasing your dwell an additional .5-2.0ms.

I would also check your LPR internally, make sure the springs aren't mixed up. If all this fails then I would turn the the LPR adjustment screw counter clockwise a quarter or half a turn and re-chronograph your marker.

Your symptoms sound like the issue is definitely the gun and not the paint, barrel, or loader.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
WoodsBALLER

intermittent pressure drop

It sounds like you intermittently get too little gas behind the ball, which I also would associate with the dwell and LPR settings. But I had understood that you returned those to stock already.

I think rebuilding the LPR is a good idea, although if it were put together wrong, I'd expect every shot to lack pressure. Maybe it's got a bad o-ring that leaks some of the time. It also seems possible to me that a bad o-ring on the rammer or bolt could lead to sporadic loss of pressure, so I would go over those parts carefully as well.

Apart from the shots where a ball fails to clear the barrel, are you getting consistent pressure? I.e., does your FPS fluctuate at the chrono on shots other than the barrel jams?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Eclipse