mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-13-2015, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
LeastGenericNicknameEver

Etek 2 Low fps & Reg Leak :bang:

I have an Etek 2 that wont shoot over 200fps. I have cleaned both regs, put in a new battery, reset board to factory default, and replaced the o-rings in hp reg. The hp reg is still leaking from at asa. I've tried a couple different o-rings.

Any Idea whats going on? Could it be a solenoid or board problem?
Old 07-14-2015, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Make sure the springs aren't mixed up on the LP reg. Redo o-rings in the LPR and Ram as well. Lube the Ram with Eclipse Oil, and both regs with paintball grease. Be sure both regs are at factory pressure settings. Too High or low of pressures in both regs can lead to leaks and low velocity.

Take the ram out of the body and then put the bolt with pin into the body and see how it slides back and forth. If there is excessive drag or grit that doesn't go away cleaning and oil, then you may have to increase your dwell setting higher than factory. Add 5ms to the setting and see if that helps. You can always go higher or lower depending on your results.

There is a chance that it's the solenoid, but try everything else first!

As for the HPR leak, if it is coming from the Vertical ASA threads then you need a new 015NBR70 o-ring on top of the reg. If that doesn't solve it, then look inside the Vertical ASA and look for scratches. If that doesn't solve it, then use Windex and hunt for the leak in nearby areas.

Hope this helps!

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.

I also work on other markers, PM for info.

Dealer for: Planet Eclipse, Ninja, GI/Empire/Tippmann/etc, Dye, Exalt, GoG, Valken, HK, GXG, CP, Push

PM me if you're looking for something. No, I will not sell it to you for cheaper than everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Part of owning a cocker is problem solving
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
LeastGenericNicknameEver

I basically replaced all of the o-rings, and put some teflon tape on the reg. It's shooting much better now. Thanks for the help!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Eclipse