mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Marcus.Nilsson

CCM Fan
Etha wont cycle

Hi i am fixing a Etha that wont cycle, aired up and eye:s off it just makes a small puff. I made a complete rebuild of the marker and changed to a brand new high quality battery but still the same.

I did noticed that when i shot it with with air and eye:s off i couldnt hear the solenoid click.

So my first question is to etha owners are, do you usually hear the solenoid click when dryfire?

And second, anyone else had a similair experience?

/Marcus
Marcus.Nilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

The solenoid is quite loud on mine. I haven't had mine that long, so far zero issues. Overall the gun seems sturdy and fairly K.I.S.S. I'd start by ensuring my wires are all plugged in. I have no idea how to test a board and solenoid. I guess a volt meter could check to see if the board is sending the signal. Then likewise you could check the wires. I'm probably in over my head at this point.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Im in the exact same boat right now, and its driving me crazy.

I have two Ethas, and one of them just makes a clicking sound when I pull the trigger. First thing I did was try a new battery - no success. Then I swapped the entire bolt assembly from my other Etha, and still had the same clicking behavior. Switched the solenoid, still no success. I've cleaned all the air ways, made sure my connections were good... I'm at a loss.

To answer the original question, I can hear the click when I fire regardless if I'm aired up or not.
scottgri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I sent mine to an eclipse tech and i got the answer that the solenoid is broken, a new one was about 125$ + shipping and the warranty ran out about a year ago. So now i have a almost brand new ETHA with only 2-3 cases through it that i dont know what to do with. The cost of replacing the solenoid is about what i would get for it if i sell it used.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

That sucks. I hope you guys just had lemons. Its a fairly popular gun at the local field. So far I haven't run into any real complaints and mine is still running well. I know it's not the best gun but I do like mine.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

CCM Fan
It can happen to any gun that a solenoid goes down, especially guns without LPR to protect the solenoid. What bugs me most is that the noid isnt serviceable and a new one is so expensive.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Eclipse