mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-07-2019, 10:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Mech frame for a Gtek 160R?

Does anyone have an in with PE and know what the plan is on the Gteks/160Rs?

Are they going to discontinue the basic Gtek and mech frame and release a mech frame for the 160r?

Doesn't seem smart, since they look to be making a killing on both and I don't see the machining necessary to keep both going, being that expensive at all.

Does anyone know what's going on?

"We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We have seen war. We don't want war. But if you want war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God. Someone ELSE will raise your sons and daughters." - Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
It was my understanding that they are still going to be building gmeks and gteks for the foreseeable future. There isn't any reason to build a 160r mech frame as they are more focused in the emek and magfed variant at the current time. If they do another mech frame that is more high end I would wage to say it will come out when the next gen of gtek comes out with no macroline.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Yeah, I can see that. Makes sense.

"We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We have seen war. We don't want war. But if you want war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God. Someone ELSE will raise your sons and daughters." - Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
Old 02-07-2019, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

The rumourmill is that we're going to get a Gtek 2 at Paintball Extravaganza later this month. People have seen what they suspect is a Gtek 2 in camo and it basically looks like a metal Etha. I suspect they'll keep putting out Gmek frames for the time being since there's a lot of Gmeks out there but if I had to guess we'll see a factory Gmek.

AFAIK, they have no plans to do any kind of mech conversion for the Gtek 160R. But there's the Legacy Mods kit that works in the 160R.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

I was looking at the legacy mod, unfortunately they are all sold out. A factory GMek would be ideal. But I thought the 160R was essentially the Gtek 2?

Last edited by Scharfschutze91; 02-08-2019 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

No, the 160R is basically the bottom half of a Geo bolted to the top half of a Gtek, but they're still on an older version of the Gamma Core. The Geo 2 will be based off the newer version of the Gamma in the CS2, like the Etha/Emek.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Ahh ok, I am finally getting into. mech and semi again, so I am. trying to. learn the ropes. lol

Old 02-09-2019, 12:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

It took me forever to figure out the difference between PE's 758345485435230 different recent spoolies.

I miss when it was just the Ego and the Etek with a linear number after the name.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Lol the only annoying part is that I just bought a gtek and mech frame. And now it sounds like they’re to be discontinued to make way for the new one. I usually like having back up markers and spare parts. So I hope the internals don’t change much and the o-rings will be interchangeable.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

With a little work you can put a GMEK frame onto a 160r. You'll need the frame, a compatible ASA for the frame, a new swivel for the regulator that accepts a macro line from the ASA, and a longer 10-32 screw that you can cut to length, and a small 10-32 nut, tippmann part TA02060 works well for this small nut.

Set the small nut in the pocket of the body where the head of the rear frame screw would normally go on a 160r, and then put the longer screw in from below like on a standard GMEK, then mark and cut the longer screw to length. Hold the nut with your thumb while you snug everything up. It doesn't need to be cranked down tight. I can undo mine with my thumb on the nut and a hex key and it WILL NOT come loose during play.

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.

I also work on other markers, PM for info.

Dealer for: Planet Eclipse, Ninja, GI/Empire/Tippmann/etc, Dye, Exalt, GoG, Valken, HK, GXG, CP, Push

PM me if you're looking for something. No, I will not sell it to you for cheaper than everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Part of owning a cocker is problem solving
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Eclipse