mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
pumpin'

I just bought a brand new Emek, took it out of the box, air'd it up and it has this same squeak issue. It's a little annoying more than anything. Hoping to sort it out this weekend if I can. It's not a huge issue but its there and It's not something I enjoy.
Brendanl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanl View Post
I just bought a brand new Emek, took it out of the box, air'd it up and it has this same squeak issue. It's a little annoying more than anything. Hoping to sort it out this weekend if I can. It's not a huge issue but its there and It's not something I enjoy.
LOL. It would be fine with me if that is just what they do. Kind of like the ping in an automag crown point barrel. The squeak is just a sound you normally associate with a flow restriction or leak-by. With a longer ported barrel, the shot is so quiet that the squeak stands out.

I had to mail mine back to myself this week, so I haven't been able to look. I'm wondering if the 3-way manifold gasket gets squished when you tighten down the rear frame screw and makes the sides of the hole push into the flow path. That or it gets a little out of alignment when you fiddle with things.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

I come bearing solutions. Well, at least the solution for my squeaky gun.

In an effort to isolate the squeak, I wanted to disable the regulator. The CS1 (I think) had a squeaky regulator that eclipse sent out free parts to fix a few years ago, so I thought it might be that. I pulled the regulator, yanked the spring and the purge valve out so air would pass right through, but the piston would stay seated and nothing would leak. I then took an old NXT/ion regulator, set it to 130psi and screwed it into the ASA. I snapped a quick picture for reference. The pulled parts are just below the ASA. I gassed her up, cycled the gun, and released the trigger very slowly to listen for the squeak. No squeak.

Short story long, I repopulated the stock regulator with its parts and gassed it back up. Squeak squeak. My regulator was the source of the squeak! So, I opened up the regular with the intent to swap reg oring materials and/or durometers to see if I could quiet the reg down. I pulled the piston oring, and it was an 016. It's supposed to be a 14x2 metric oring. I grabbed a 14x2, put it on the piston, greased it all up and reassembled. Gassed it up, cycled with a very slow release, no squeak. I cycled it a bunch of times (probably 50+) quickly and checked again. No squeak.

We'll see how it all holds up or if it's just chance, but the wrong piston oring was there from the factory, and now it's not. It might be worth checking out on your guns.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumreader View Post
I grabbed a 14x2, put it on the piston, greased it all up and reassembled. Gassed it up, cycled with a very slow release, no squeak. I cycled it a bunch of times (probably 50+) quickly and checked again. No squeak.
Did you get the 14x2 from the kit that comes with the Emek?

O-rings I would believe. They screw with everyone.

My Emek should return today, if it doesn't float away.

Old 05-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

I didn't, but I think they are in the little parts kit that comes with the emek. 14x2 is used elsewhere in the gun, and eclipse is pretty generous with their kits.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
I have been running my EMek on several different tank output pressures without issues. 650-825psi I got maybe 10+ cases threw it. I plan on using it at this years ICC Tournament because its been so reliable. Haven't noticed any squeak and the thing rips regardless of what pressure I feed it.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

My emek had the squeaky trigger issue and it was indeed the piston oring. I swapped it out to the 14X2 that forumreader mentioned (comes with the emek spares). Now I can have an shp (1000+ psi output) hooked up and no squeak.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by Marcos1211; 05-11-2019 at 03:16 AM.
Marcos1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

forumreader......this needs to hit the fb emek forums!
good troubleshooting man
NYKNIGHT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Ok. There are two 14x2 o-rings in the kit, labeled at that. Very nice.

I put air on the emek and fired it; still squeaking. Degas and disassemble. The o-ring that was on the piston measured out the same as the new one. I cleaned up the reg and installed the new o-ring (checked the seat) and reassembled. It seemed like the squeak was louder. I ran the reg up in pressure and down in pressure to make sure the reg was working and see if that made a difference, no change, squeaks. I adjusted the reg back to about the three-turns-in spot and fire it; no squeak. It just stopped. Grrr. Problem solved, but I'm not sure why.

Old 05-11-2019, 05:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I'll have to try that out. I swapped the regulators on my Emek and Etha 2, and so I had early on identified that the regulator was causing the squeak. I guess I must have the wrong oring on mine as well.
Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Eclipse