mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-13-2019, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Emek over travel stop

I like over travel stops on most triggers without a kick, especially pneu-mags. The Emek seemed like a good candidate. Turns out the trigger is aluminum. It is pretty easy to drill and tap. I used a 4-40 set screw, 3/16" long. It could take a 6-32, I think. The trigger pin on mine was installed from the left side, even though the drawing in the manual looked like it was from the right.

I got to try it out on a few hopper loads. It does what I wanted.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

I just put one in mine... I used a 6-32 setscrew, there's enough material for one.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
here 4 the memes

Thanks guys! On my list to work on now.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I just put one in mine... I used a 6-32 setscrew, there's enough material for one.
Considering any pre-travel? I don't like the geometry for a set screw. Kind of thinking about a spacer of some sort.

I tried to make a two stage trigger spring, but it was difficult to adjust and I couldn't get a distinct take-up. The pre-tension for the trigger return is strong compared to the force on the three-way. I can't see the point in increasing the pull for an artificial "break".

Old 05-13-2019, 11:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Considering any pre-travel? I don't like the geometry for a set screw. Kind of thinking about a spacer of some sort.

I tried to make a two stage trigger spring, but it was difficult to adjust and I couldn't get a distinct take-up. The pre-tension for the trigger return is strong compared to the force on the three-way. I can't see the point in increasing the pull for an artificial "break".
I was thinking about it but so far I'm happy with the overtravel screw... there's really too much in the factory setup, and a setcrew just gives me a positive stop where I was ending my trigger pull anyways.

I'm not going for super-speedy anyways, just wanted to clean up the trigger feel a bit.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection

Last edited by Jordan; 05-13-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I was thinking about it but so far I'm happy with the overtravel screw... there's really too much in the factory setup, and setcrew just gives me a positive stop where I was ending my trigger pull anyways.

I'm not going for super-speedy anyways, just wanted to clean up the trigger feel a bit.
Same. It has room for it, but its not quite worth the effort for pre-travel.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bearded Works

i have dont a few of these aswell. I might have to see if i can get a fixture setup on the mill to do them.

I buy Automags and Parts: if your looking to let something go, shoot me a pm
Feedback Link
superman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
trophy husband

This is a great idea, Spider. I changed out the return spring on mine to make the trigger pull softer, but I never thought about this. I'll have to give it a go.

Although...

Now I'm wondering if it would defeat the whole purpose of my EMEK purchase. The whole reason I bought mine was to have something so stupidly simple, reliable, and good that a new player could borrow it and have a blast. That new player probably wouldn't appreciate a better trigger, though. He wouldn't even know the distance.

If I was using one myself, though, I'd be all over this.
rawbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
This is a great idea, Spider. I changed out the return spring on mine to make the trigger pull softer, but I never thought about this. I'll have to give it a go.

Although...

Now I'm wondering if it would defeat the whole purpose of my EMEK purchase. The whole reason I bought mine was to have something so stupidly simple, reliable, and good that a new player could borrow it and have a blast. That new player probably wouldn't appreciate a better trigger, though. He wouldn't even know the distance.

If I was using one myself, though, I'd be all over this.
Well then, you just need another one to mod for yourself.

I also added a POPS and a sight rail, but the rail may give way to a 3D body. I might like some finger grooves in the grips (3D?). It also wouldn't be a tragedy if I decided to paint it...

Fortunately, just because it works doesn't mean I can't "fix" it.

I'm mainly curious if I can modify the Emek to be as comfortable and natural to point and shoot for me as my automags. I may have to put some lead in the foregrip.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
trophy husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Well then, you just need another one to mod for yourself.
I'm actually holding out for a double-trigger version, but if that doesn't happen soon, I might try to make one myself.
rawbutter is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Eclipse