mcarterbrown.com  

Electronic and Mechanical Found a steal of a deal? Share the wealth! Link them here

Old 02-14-2020, 01:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
I wear the big hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathbaster View Post
As I recall they were available for the 98 Custom but nothing else (I could be wrong with my memory here...)

I've seen Tippmann flatlines which shot level for a considerable distance.
They were available for the A-5 and X7 as well.

Flatlines had their faults, but if you got one dialed in at the right velocity with the right paint they were a heck of a thing to have for bigger games. Had one on my old A-5 years ago and it shot incredibly well with Nelson Hemorrhage at about 270 FPS. Not exactly a tack driver, but with the RT I had installed it didn't need to be. Shot a lot of people out with that barrel/paint combo.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ol' Cheatin' Jonny

Kilt Club
I bought one on CL a couple years ago. I shot a couple tubes through it and it was superjankrolloutcity. Neat item, especially for collectors, but not something I would ever use in game.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
the oddballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
I bought one on CL a couple years ago. I shot a couple tubes through it and it was superjankrolloutcity. Neat item, especially for collectors, but not something I would ever use in game.
Did you check the defend that goes at the bottom of the breech? Takes some effort to get a roll out on the flatline.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-im-broke.html
Feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ol' Cheatin' Jonny

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerito View Post
Did you check the defend that goes at the bottom of the breech? Takes some effort to get a roll out on the flatline.
No, honestly I wasn't planning on really using it so I just tried it and sold it, didn't do much sleuthing.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
the oddballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
No, honestly I wasn't planning on really using it so I just tried it and sold it, didn't do much sleuthing.
Ahh yah. I had to replace mine I didnít think it would make a diffrence. But it did haha fun little gun. Need to rebuild it
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-im-broke.html
Feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Man that is nasty. Easily the doofiest cocker I’ve ever seen even though it’s stock.

The flatline barrel system is amazing. If you want to see your balls bounce of something twice the range of a normal gun this is the way to do it. Scoring hits may be an issue though since the ball is basically out of inertia by then and just levitating on its own aerodynamics. I’d assume you’d want the most fragile paint available in hopes that it would increase your score. If you run Hell Survivors store brand paint or something similar (extremely thick rubbery shell) in it I’d assume they would never break at full range.

Of course, suppressing fire doesn’t actually *need* to break so it still has strategic use in big games.
SignOfZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Legit

Flatline, let's see, I have a decent chunk of experience in it. Enough to never want one for myself (I sell them all the time on tippmanns to local buyers)

1) accuracy=poor. Not horrendous, but poor. I believe the real reason for this is the backspin. In a perfect world each ball would come out rotating on the same exact axis but we don't live in that world. So each ball comes out spinning on a slightly different axis and that very slight side spin pulls the balls left or right over their flight

2) Extra range = none. Will the ball go further? Yes, will it break? No. Not unless you get some super lucky shot onto the spike of a Gothic spyder.

3) flat trajectory = yes. This one works as advertised. Some players like to say it's a better trajectory but really it's just different. You can avoid low hanging trees and shoot though multiple windows but you lose the ability to drop balls in over walls or into sunken bunkers

4) paint options = limited. In theory you want some brittle paint so that at the "extended range" you can still get breaks, the problem is getting that brittle paint to survive the curve of the barrel is difficult. Realistically, think of having a stock a5. It's rough on paint, you need something with a slightly thicker shell

I always tell players get a apex over flatline, it's adjustable backspin, you can turn that into a side spin or even down spin but the best feature I think the Apex has is that you can turn it off

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Faint praise indeed.
SignOfZeta is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Electronic and Mechanical