mcarterbrown.com  

Electronic If it uses batteries, and fires paintballs... This is the place to sell it.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Last of the Salzburg Clan

X-Mag with X-Mod and Programmer

SOLD

$1000 PayPaled and shipped US, firm. No trades.

-I've been playing mostly mechanical, so I'm selling off the electronic markers that are collecting dust on the wall.
-Everything works as it should, including ACE.
-X-Mag: See pics for minor marks
-X-Mod 1.8 Installed
-X-Mod Programmer: Includes all applications, manuals, and files; this allows changing the pulls per second required to activate the various modes.
-Battery: On a full charge, I've shot about three cases over a month timeframe without recharging. Low battery indicator never came on, but I recharged after that.
-Charger
-Car Adapter
-Misc bits and spares
-The safety is now properly installed as seen in the first two pictures. I had to order the safety detent ball, since I lost the original. The safety and detent spring shown in the third picture with the yellow battery savers are what are installed. The safety and safety spring in the third picture are not extra pieces.
-Check It Products Drop Forward: See pics for major marks
-Custom Products On/Off ASA

Cycling/function video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwW...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by nak81783; 12-02-2017 at 08:10 AM.
nak81783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Added cycling/function video to original post.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Bump
Old 11-26-2017, 08:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Price lowered.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

I wonder can this be set up NXL legal?
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

I do not know for certain, but here is some info that may be applicable.

1. Here is the X-Mod 1.8 manual's description of its NXL mode: "NXL mode – Standard NXL ramping is three shots semi auto and the fourth if held is full auto. If there is more than 250ms (1/4 second) between shots the gun will continue to shoot semi auto. In other words the minimum rate of fire for ramping to start and/or be maintained is 4 bps. Technically the maximum time between shots is 1 second but that would have taken significantly more code. Note that the rate of fire must be set to 15 or below for this mode to be legal according to the NXL rules."

2. The board is lockable via a jumper cable. The manual has some detail on this, and Paul Niedfeldt, at one time, had quick jumpers for sale. I do not have one, and I don't know if he has any left. Regardless, it looks easy enough to make with a quick trip to Radio Shack.

3. I do not know if mechanical mode would be allowed, since it can be set up to RT/bounce. You could either remove the trigger rod to disable mechanical mode or come up with some type of selector switch lockout or custom-machined selector switch.

Last edited by nak81783; 11-29-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

NXL mode in the 1.8 manual refers to the NXL of old. Current NXL mode is,essentially, millenium ramping at 10.5bps:

Any marker capable of ramping shall fire no more than one shot per press and release of the trigger
unless,
The trigger has been pressed and released four times, and
The trigger has been pressed and released at least once every 200 milliseconds.
Shall fire no more than one paintball within a 95 millisecond (10.5 bps) period of time.
A player on the field of play whose marker fires two shots at 10.6 to 10.8 bps will be assessed a major
penalty.
A player on the field of play whose marker fires two shots at 10.9 to 12.4 bps will be assessed a major
penalty (assessed on the next point) and the point in which the infraction occurred would automaticall
y
go to the opposing team.
A player on the field of play whose marker fires two shots above 12.5 bps and above will be assessed a
major penalty (assessed on the next point) and the point in which the infraction occurred will
automatically go to the opposin
g team. The player who receives the penalt
y will be suspended for the
remainder
of the tournament.
Any illegal marker
(illegal mode and/or settings)
is not allowed on the field of play. Players carrying an
illegal marker on the field of play will be assess
ed a major penalty. A player bringing an illegal marker
onto the field of play after being informed by a referee that the marker is illegal will be
assessed a gross
major penalty.

The takeaway is that translates to first 3 shots semi auto, ramping can begin on the next (4th) trigger pull provided you have exceeded 5 pulls per second (every 200ms)

A lot older software wouldn't even cap BPS at 10, so I guess my main question is will xmod 1.8 do this?

Thanks for the reply! I don't mean to clutter the thread, so we can switch to PMs if you want. I figured others might be curious about this too though.
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

X-Mod 1.8 allows bps capping from 8 to 31 in whole numbers.

X-Mod 1.8 also has Semi, Release (semi that fires on trigger release rather than pull), Burst (2-9 rounds), Full Auto (true full auto, no activation pulls required), the aforementioned NXL, Practice, and the following three modes, as defined by the manual.

"PSP mode – Standard PSP ramping is three shots semi auto and the fourth if held is a three round burst. If there is more than 250ms (1/4 second) between shots the gun will continue to shoot semi auto. In other words the minimum rate of fire for ramping to start and/or be maintained is 4 bps. Technically the maximum time between shots is 1 second but that would have taken significantly more code. Note that the rate of fire must be set to 15 or below for this mode to be legal according to the PSP rules."

"Millennium mode – Standard Millennium ramping is one shot semi auto and ramping may only start and/or be maintained if at least 8 bps is achieved. Once the trigger is released only a single additional shot may be discharged thereafter. Note that the rate of fire must be set to 15 or below for this mode to be legal according to the Millennium rules."

"Hyper mode – The gun fires on pull and release of the trigger. This mode is sick, allowing even a 3 year old to shoot 20 balls per second. Warning, using HYPR in hybrid mode may cause uncontrollable wet dreams for an extended period of time and possibly life."

Last edited by nak81783; 11-29-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
pm sent
1 of 1 Pooty Clone GT
JMJ Featherlight Excalibur 04 1 of 1
Ironmen Timmy
Classic Timmy
DrMalPrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Replied. Still for sale.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Electronic