mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 12-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Mini problems...

So I have 2 Minis that won't fire. Both have had both lower and upper boards replaced, new solenoids, etc. The noid will not activate at all. The eyes work (finger down breach test), battery is new, properly lubed, right pressure, etc. I adjusted the triggers on both to make sure they were set right as well. Having trouble figuring out what next to check. Anyone have any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

My guess is body magnet. There is a tiny magnet that is supposed to be stuck on the bottom of the body and is situated right above the hall effect sensor on the upper board. If that magnet is not there, it will not register a trigger pull. I have seen more than a few where the magnet has fallen out and is completely missing. When they are replaced, the guns start working again. It's the magic of magnets!
Old 12-08-2017, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Where's Tug Contest Winner

Did you reset the noid. If i remember right,power up with air turn off eyes and shoot it for 20 shots.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

.....................WTB your pball MANUALS......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson677 View Post
But being dumb doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. Good dumb people are much better than bad smart people.

Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house. Isaiah 58
Dougefreshe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumreader View Post
My guess is body magnet. There is a tiny magnet that is supposed to be stuck on the bottom of the body and is situated right above the hall effect sensor on the upper board. If that magnet is not there, it will not register a trigger pull. I have seen more than a few where the magnet has fallen out and is completely missing. When they are replaced, the guns start working again. It's the magic of magnets!
Took them both apart, one is missing the magnet, while the other is covered in crap. I tried cleaning it but couldn't get much off (all magnetic debris). Not sure if that's the issue or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

For the one that is missing the magnet, that is almost certainly the issue. I repaired a mini once with a dead magnet, so that might be what you have on the other one. As I recall, the magnet was so heavily corroded that it more or less crumbled when I tried to clean it. It didn't have much magnetic force, either.

I haven't had to replace one of these guys in a couple of years, but I seem to recall that polarity is important when you install the replacement. I do not recall if it is supposed to repel or attract the trigger magnet, but it only works in one configuration! So you'll probably want to do a mock assembly before you glue it down.

It looks like gateway and ans have the part, but if you have a direct supplier for empire stuff, the part number is 17582.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire