mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Ugh...

So, I'm not sure if it's the case or not, but there's a pretty fair chance I'll be on the injured reserve list for a while. I got the results of my MRI yesterday and the results were not very good. It looks like the "injury" I sustained at EMR wasn't actually caused by anything I did. Instead, tweaking my shoulder prompted the discovery of another issue that has similar symptoms to a rotator cuff injury. But, it won't just heal itself without intervention. To top it all off, not only am I potentially looking at shoulder surgery but I'm possibly looking at knee surgery as well. Right now, they have me undergoing PT for both to see if it helps and to meet the requirements for the insurance company. I'm hoping that the PT helps but I'm not so sure about that. More likely, I'm looking at being put back together again with a recovery period afterwards. So, unless PT does the trick, I'll probably be sidelined for all major events for a while. Fun...
Old 07-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Squirrely Scavenger

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully PT works for you. I see a chiropractor monthly just to put off needing surgery myself from breaking my back in the military. I really hope this works out for you and you can get back to the field soon
Old 07-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
you can always drink with the other hand.....
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
FNG

Going through the same thing....get well soon.

Oldschool- I "drink" with either/both hands...still not helping
Soolio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mod Fodder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Man, you must be old

The bells of hell go ting-a-ling-a-ling
For you, but not for me

Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Man, you must be old
I'm starting to feel that way.

The crap going on right now typically affects people in their 40's & 50's. Bullseye. Getting old sucks and the fun is just beginning.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Baller

I also have some health issues that sometimes require me to have surgery and take a few months off to recover and regain muscle. It sucks, but it needs to be done. Health is number one. All the best and a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yea Jon I feel you. You know what I went through in the past year. You will be back on the field with Adam in no time. Just because you can't finish off this year doesn't mean you're through. Build and test markers, keep Adam out there, this too shall pass. Pt isn't that bad, I had to go through hours on a treadmill but the plus is I'm down 25 pounds (187) and I feel better than I did in my 40's.
JudgeMental1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeMental1 View Post
Yea Jon I feel you. You know what I went through in the past year. You will be back on the field with Adam in no time. Just because you can't finish off this year doesn't mean you're through. Build and test markers, keep Adam out there, this too shall pass. Pt isn't that bad, I had to go through hours on a treadmill but the plus is I'm down 25 pounds (187) and I feel better than I did in my 40's.
I hear you. I know the hell you went through so I can't bitch too much about it. I've been through PT a few times before for my back, my elbow and my knee. After a while, I bounced back. Truth be told, I'm more bummed that I've had to cancel two events so far that Adam was looking forward to with a few more coming up that are looking doubtful. He's chomping at the bit to get out there worse than I am - especially since he got that new 5/50 pack for his birthday. If I'm lucky, I may be able to take him to the local field since my wife got a pack of six admissions to Linglestown Paintball for $20 as part of a Groupon. It's close enough to not make a weekend trip and if I'm brave (or stupid) enough, I just might be able to take it slow. Hopefully, if all goes well, maybe we can get a few Saturdays out of it. I'll just need to see how things go and make sure I talk to the therapist first.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
NOT The Flounder's Son

Best of luck. It sucks but your health has got to come first, the faster you get better the sooner you're back out. Best of luck and speedy recovery.
DelTASteve is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » The Expandables