mcarterbrown.com  

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 02-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
we may run into problems there. apparently there is a graduation and an air show the same weekend and several hotels are already filled. Obviously when we have a final tally I can call in and confirm with the hotels, but we may have no alternative other than camp out.
300z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I would say book two or three rooms now then. It is easy to cancel them.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

I have a room reserved with in Enfield and most likely will have some extra space if it is needed. (I have a sleeper sofa in the room available)
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Hi guys,

Because I never believe anything I read on the internet, I called the hotel that I usually stay at to check their availability. It's confirmed... nothing available. I was told by the reception staff that May is crazy and they book up 9 to 10 months in advance because of graduations, as well as this airshow event. However, I had no issues when I booked a room there for last Spring's event.

Because I went through the effort of comparing room rates for this area when I started hosting games here, I know there isn't anything else that I consider close by. Even so, I just did another quick comparison, and see that the majority of other hotels are also booked up. I completely understand the desire a nice bed/shower after a long ride, and wish there were more options available.

So, this leaves you with two options. 1) Stay at a hotel knowing that it may be quite some distance from the field, or 2) camp out. If you're going the hotel route, then book it today - do not wait.

Regarding the camp out... it starts at 4:00pm on Saturday afternoon. I know that a number of the guys will be there before that (2 - 3pm). Folks arrive, set up tents/trailers, etc., and immediately begin grilling/drinking thereafter. The shenanigans continue into the wee hours of Sunday morning. Past events have had die-hards up until 4am, and others with no sleep at all. Yes, crazy. I know. And it's been with utter amazement that I've seen these same players perform with zero hindrance to their performance the next day.

I normally arrive at the camp out at 4pm, hang out till 11pm, and then hit the hotel. Being old and frail, camping just doesn't agree with me. So now, I'm in the same boat as you guys. Right now, I'm leaning towards camping just for the convenience.

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing - Tactical Assault Command

My Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Have you considered all going in and renting an RV for the weekend? I have no idea what that would cost, but it may be an option if you have enough guys to split the cost.

Probably make a hell of a story years from now.

"Hey! Remember that time we rented an RV to play stock-class in New England and got pulled over because MAr was... "

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing - Tactical Assault Command

My Feedback
Old 02-23-2015, 01:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
TheMember

I did a quick check online and found that maybe 3 of the dozen plus hotels in the area had availability. As others have mentioned try to book now if you can find anything. Also, Springfield is a little sketchy, so that limits things as well.

Posted in the other thread but I have a large tent I will bring, and even set up, and folks can squabble over who gets to sleep in there. If needed, I can probably wrangle a couple of smaller tents as well. Can probably provide enough shelter for at least 6, if needed. Just let us know and we will make sure to hook up anybody needing a place to sleep if the hotel thing doesn't work out.

feedback
TheYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoda View Post
Springfield is a little sketchy, so that limits things as well.
Yoda's being kind. Any plans for Springfield should include bringing real steel and a vest. Avoid the area at all costs if possible.

- Slim

My Feedback
Old 02-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
FRONT Towards Enemy

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Thought that I had posted up, but apparently not! I will be there!

And yeah, hotel is the preference, however camping out wouldn't be the end of the world, I am still young and spry :P
DunXWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lost in space

Hotel

I work at MassMutual off of Exit 49 in Enfield, CT on the Longmeadow, MA line.
There is a Holiday Inn next store we use for employees coming from out of state. It is 20 miles to Airsports PB from the field to the hotel. If there is enough interest I can explore a discounted rate for those expressing a need for a room.

It's a nice hotel in a nice section of town.

Last edited by TouchofGrey; 02-23-2015 at 06:13 PM. Reason: data
TouchofGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
me and Mar are impressive physical specimens. Im confident the thugs will back down...(but seriously noted, will avoid that area)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Yoda's being kind. Any plans for Springfield should include bringing real steel and a vest. Avoid the area at all costs if possible.
300z is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death