mcarterbrown.com  

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 03-23-2015, 08:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mar
Just ****ing confused

Brass and Wood Fan
PRZ FFA IV rule query

I posted upon the FFA IV thread to ask if the DMW would be legal/illegal at the event.

The owner Tim seems to support the DMW. Fair enough - his field. I just wanted to be made aware of the status of the rule before choosing where to spend my money.

Anyhow I have made the decision I will not be attending the FFA events, after talking to Harley yesterday I realize there is really a huge safety concern.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm starting to have the same feeling. I mean it's an awesome field, but I'd rather play with awesome guys at an average field than a bunch dudes lacking sportsmanship at an amazing field.

Someone is going to get hurt/upset by the dmw and I won't be apart of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Brass and Wood Fan
All for one, one for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
Happens to me every time I go down on my sister. I told her to take care of that ****.

(Wait... what section is this in?!?)
babshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
will send an email and see how they respond. Any additions?

Good afternoon,

Im emailing you today with constructive criticism for PRZ big game events. I have been playing paintball for the last 15 years and have been attending PRZ events for the last 2 years. I have really enjoyed the field and the efforts of you and your staff in making these days enjoyable and memorable. Throughout the last 2 years, our group from Ottawa has actively spread the word about how much we enjoy playing at your facility and have recommended to many that they make the drive to participate.

Unfortunately, the last few events I have noticed a few behaviours that I believe are a detriment to the enjoyment of many. I am sharing these with you now in the hope that you will consider some slight changes for future events. While some of these issues require additional efforts from the staff, I believe they would significantly increase enjoyment for the players.

(1)Field Velocity: Something I have observed more recently is that while I am shooting at 260 fps, I am out of range of all my opponents but they seem very capable of sending paint whizzing by my head. I strongly suspect that individuals are adjusting their velocities throughout the day to achieve a competitive advantage. I propose that after the initial chronograph of the morning, to move the chronographs to the spawn locations and to have all players chronographed by a referee prior to reinsertion. My belief is this will deter individuals from adjusting velocity throughout the day beyond field limits. Repeat offenders could be disciplined.

(2)Rocket Launcher: Rocket launchers can add an interesting dynamic to field play, but their use must be limited. The last event I attended resulted in a confrontation directly resulting from rocket launchers. Individuals on the opposing team were pressuring referees to retrieve rockets on their behalf. The result of this was that we were left defenceless and watched the opposing team push up the entire field. This, combined with velocities exceeding field limits, led to significant frustration. I believe that rocket launchers need to be more actively supervised to ensure that they are not abused.

(3)Dead Man Walking: I understand the PRZ is allowing Dead Man Walking in their big game events and believe this is against the wishes of the average player. While I do not recommend you take my word, I do recommend that you consider gathering information as to what the average player would like to see regarding DMW. I have run some polls online which suggest that as many as 80% of the players are firmly against DMW. If this is truly the desire of the average player, I think PRZ would benefit substantially from the removal of DMW from the rules.

While I have not yet been a victim of this, several from my group have been at PRZ events. In general, we feel that this poses potential safety risks and is against good sportsmanship. Given that up to 80% of the paintball population is against this tactic, there is a real risk of confrontation resulting from this tactic.

I hope this email is seen as constructive criticism, as that is my sole intent. Thanks again for putting on great games and operating a great facility.
300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I'm with you guys. 6 hours of driving to deal with some **** is not balanced out by the awesome field.

Looks good 300z, I hope you get a response. I honestly doubt it will be a positive one but that shouldn't stop you or any of us from trying. The more we let the field owners know, the better it will get over time.
Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
i figure its worth a shot and am hoping they take it for what it is - genuine attempt to improve the game.

For those that remember, I was bleeding from my back at one of the games this past summer from a shot that was supposed to be travelling at 260 fps. I really believe that putting the chronos at the respawn area so you can rechrony reinserting players is a no-brainer.

the rocket launcher got out of hand last year, and both teams were yelling at eachother. Not my idea of a good time. We quit the game shortly after that.
300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Keeper of souls of bees

I had written a similar letter to a field owner /operator a few years back. I did receive a response and changes were made. Before I moved out here I continued the 5 hour drive to the field because of the positive response and changes they made.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback

Kinda Loves DPrekel
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sounds promising 300z.

I'm glad to hear that flounder. Hopefully we get the same positive response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
shenanigans causer

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I was looking forward to playing at PRZ in the summer but after Berlin i may not go back

and 300z addressed these in his email mainly the Velocity , I am in no way new to being shot at 300 fps at 2 feet away but i have never had a scar and bruise the size of my hand from being shot from 20 feet away while having 2 shirts a hoodie and a padded jersey on.
Other players are for sure upping the velocity on their markers after chronoing in.

now I was not one of the guys who got DMW but I did see it continue to see it even AFTER it was called out , nor have i ever been told that if i dont think someone is truly out or that their marker is not raised to " Light them up" , and I dont think that this is the message we should be passing on to the next gen of players

Evil items hoarder

Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post3072167[/SIZE]
TehSpiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Excellent note 300Z. I echo Stilgar's comments regarding the anticipated response but am willing to wait and see...

Canuck

Featuring Death: Bringing Honour to the Paintball Field

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death