mcarterbrown.com  

Feedback Post your good experiences buying guns and gear here. Also let us know who to keep an eye on.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Damaged goods + uncommunicative seller

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with a tank I bought off someone on this site and I'm out of options except for naming and shaming. I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has any ideas before I take this step.

In summary the tank was improperly packed for shipping and the gauge was broken when it arrived. The seller is generally uncommunicative and won't address the gauge issue in the communications I do get (see below).

Before buying I asked the seller about the condition:

Quote:
It looks worn do you think it has much life in it ? Any idea what pressure output is ?
The seller responded:

Quote:
condition is good just some of the black is coming off and the gauge says 3000 so I'm not sure man
It was shipped internationally and it arrived packed only in a paper envelope (no bubble wrap or any kind of padding what so ever) and the glass window on the gauge was cracked.

I contacted the seller RE the issue:

Quote:
I got the tank and drop, thanks for that. The gauge window is cracked, not sure if it was like that when you sent it. Would have been better to send it in a box and/or with bubble wrap.

I don't really care as long as it works, haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Is there some sort of public feedback you want for your selling reputation?
The seller replied:
Quote:

I have a link in my profile and the gauge wasn't broken
When I tried it out I discoverd the burst disk was burst and the gauge didn't work. I contacted the seller:

Quote:
I tried out the tank yesterday - got it working after a few issues.

The burst disk was burst but I got a replacement for that. The gauge is broken though, it was jumping around then it stopped working altogether. Also the glass fell out of the front of it. I can send you pictures if you want.

Are you able to refund me $10 for the gauge being broken ? I knew one costs ~$15 e.g. https://www.sakworldpaintball.com/myt...rilla-air.html.
The seller didn't get back to me so after a week I sent him a bump message and got this in reply:

Quote:
yes sr sorry i forgot and sorry but i cant refund you you should got with me before buying the burst disk I have some and like I had told you I didn't know the condition of it because I and got it in a trade
i.e. they didn't even address the issues with the gauge. I responded:

Quote:
The burst disk didn't cost me anything I don't want a refund for that. It's the gauge that is the issue.

I asked you about the condition:

"It looks worn do you think it has much life in it ? Any idea what pressure output is ?"

and you said:

"condition is good just some of the black is coming off and the gauge says 3000 so I'm not sure man"

Then you sent the tank in an envelope with no bubble wrap and the gauge was cracked when I opened it.

you bear responsibility for the gauge for either not representing it accurately in the advertisement or for not shipping the item corrrectly. I'm not asking for full replacement cost of the gauge, just partial. You are getting a good deal for a piece of equipment that you didn't thoroughly inspect and don't care about enough to ship properly.
I sent this response one week ago. I haven't received a response so I sent a bump message yesterday.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

From hearing your side I wouldn't want to deal with them and think you should leave honest feedback to help others. Maybe whomever it is can bring their side here and civilly solve the issue.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

If that's the actual conversation I think you did a great job being tactful and civil. Shipping a high pressure tank in just an envelope is absurd to me, especially internationally.

From the conversation, maybe you're dealing with someone pretty young? Dunno. Might be time to file a paypal claim...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

1. Well you should be a hero and leave feedback for this person as a warning to other potential buyers of this type of buy sell activity!
2. Pm me your PayPal address I will gladly send you $10 to recoupe the cost of dealing with this sort of bottom feeder. In return in the long run you will be saving other members from dealing with this type of person. In my eyes they don't belong to a respectable pb community like MCB after all that's why we are all here to keep the scum away and when you leave this person feedback make sure you add link to this thread.
3. I don't believe I'm out of line I think this is the responsible thing to do.
Thanks
David T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
Every hole costs money

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...errerid=144073
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
https://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=577553
https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...val=0&items=50
Vertebrae autococker
https://youtu.be/Ybf2u4dAQlg
river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks for the input all.

I will definitely be leaving feedback it's just a matter of what type; I don't want to paint him into a corner in terms of his options. He (I assume it's a dude) isn't selling anything right now so no one else can get burned.

I've let him know about this post so we'll see if he replies.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
. Pm me your PayPal address I will gladly send you $10 to recoupe the cost of dealing with this sort of bottom feeder
Haha thanks David I appreciate the offer ! But it's not your burden to bear. It's funny I don't care about the money so much as the lack of respect and integrity...

Quote:
Well you should be a hero and leave feedback for this person as a warning to other potential buyers of this type of buy sell activity!......I don't believe I'm out of line I think this is the responsible thing to do
I agree and I don't think it's an act of heroism so much as duty. As per my post just above this I'll definitely be posting feedback it's just a matter of when and how

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Feedback