mcarterbrown.com  

Feedback Post your good experiences buying guns and gear here. Also let us know who to keep an eye on.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Instagram:@evil_paintball

CCI Phantom Fan
BUB120 Feedback

Bob Long dust Insight:
My son had recently traded with him on PBN a Mini and DM12 for a like new Gtek and that deal was fine but the gtek was essentially brand new. Because it was in such good shape I was willing to buy this Bob Long Insight from him based on the pictures he posted and the previous gun condition. He seemed like he was ok to deal with. But I was not happy when the Insight showed up because it had wrench marks on the reg that didn't really show up (or weren't there when he took the pictures) along with several other scratches and a cracked screen. I reached out and he only wanted me to return the gun. It also leaked and I had to fix the oring on the ASA. He said it was working in his thread.

After I bought it (and before it showed up) I had a few people warn me about dealing with him. He didn't scam me but what I got wasn't exactly what he pictured. When I had already spent money on upgrades and saw the reg all scratched up, he wouldn't make it right with me. Only offered to return it. That's not always the answer.

These dust black Insights are hard to find and it's what I want, minus the scratches. I would live with it and bought a full size reg cover to hide it but I am VERY OCD about colors and looks. I wanted a certain look and he offered some white exalt small reg cover off of an old gun he had that wouldn't have covered all the scratches. I bought a $22 black cover that matched and worked and he wouldn't refund me the cost of that back. It's really over $22 for me that I didn't expect to have to spend, to at least make amends for the obvious damaged anno. I will eventually buy a new OLED as well to replace the cracked screen. I thought I could get just the glass cover but they don't work that way. That's another $25 I will have to spend at some point, but I didn't ask for that to be replaced. I can live with it until I decide to replace it.

If he had done the right thing by me I wouldn't be writing all this! I guess others have had issues too. That's why I'm creating a feedback thread. He seemed unwilling to refund the difference and just wanted a full return or to give me some old parts, not making it right in my mind. To be fair he did offer to pay $30 for return shipping but that's not what I wanted so it wasn't a real solution for me (plus I would still be out the money I had paid for upgrades I ordered separately if I couldn't find another gun). I thought $22 to call it square was going to be a easy solution for both of us and I would have been (somewhat) satisfied. He's now lost more than that by not making right with me. I have had several people reach out here and on PBN and not make deals with him based on my experience.

Am I wrong? Maybe but it's not what I thought I was getting and wouldn't have paid as much for a scratched up gun. I feel like I was not sold what I thought I was getting. It leaked, had a cracked screen and was scratched up. I fixed the leak and was willing to cover the reg (since I can't find a replacement one) to keep it. I buy and sell 5-10 guns a year so this isn't my first bad deal. But normally the seller will try to make it right, not just saying send it back or live with it. If I had sold this gun and the buyer was upset over $22, I would have refunded the money to make it right. I'm disappointed and a little pissed. He might be an alright guy but I have had people tell me I'm not the only one to have issues with him and with no feedback he will keep doing it. That's why I am starting one for him.

Buyers beware.
Original Thread

Screen

Reg1

Reg2

Update 3/17/20:
From Bub120: First I am reading this. I will always offer full refund as well as cover shipping back if it is not a described. That way no loss is given to you at all. All guns are video tapped before leaving me and can be viewed at anytime which was in this case. They do not leak when leaving me. I also offered reg cover which was new but he had already bought one and did not need it. I can not offer a gun at a lower price than I posted and then give back refunds for parts to cover new parts from a store. I will still take back at this late date if not happy.

The gun did leak and I sent it to Richard Jones to get it fixed and there were issues with the gun (it's running better now). Also, I had bought parts for the gun before it came in so it was ready to go as soon as I got it. I don't expect you to refund that but understand just simply returning it isn't always the right answer since I couldn't return the other items. These guns aren't easy to find in all black. That's what I wanted but I was just upset that it needed more than I thought. I was warned by others not to buy from you and I wish I had known that before I bought it. It's fine. For $22 you could have fixed it and I would have been happy. Since you didn't to that I have warned many others privately to be wary in dealing with you between here and PBN on several of your posts and I know several walked away from deals. You can still think you are right. But that doesn't mean I was satisfied with the deal or the solution you offered. I tried to be reasonable but you seem to be oblivious. Whatever. I have a working gun (+$100 in parts and labor later) and it's what I wanted despite you.
Misc Equipment: Alpha 3D Printing Pod holder and Stands

Last edited by cyberpyr8; 03-17-2020 at 01:32 PM.
cyberpyr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

So far the transaction has been smooth.

Edit: Marker arrived today. Other than battery being discharged it seems to be in pretty good shape. After 6 hours on charge the battery shows a full charge. Did a full tear down, clean, and re-grease and she dry fires with no leaks. Over all good experience.

Last edited by The_Hyren; 03-19-2020 at 10:04 PM.
The_Hyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

First I am reading this. I will always offer full refund as well as cover shipping back if it is not a described. That way no loss is given to you at all. All guns are video tapped before leaving me and can be viewed at anytime which was in this case. They do not leak when leaving me. I also offered reg cover which was new but he had already bought one and did not need it. I can not offer a gun at a lower price than I posted and then give back refunds for parts to cover new parts from a store. I will still take back at this late date if not happy.

Here is first line in my thread !

THESE ARE USED WITH WEAR !!

Last edited by Bub120; 03-17-2020 at 12:36 PM.
Bub120 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Feedback