mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 09-13-2017, 10:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Are we really seeing fsr get smaller?

Can we beg em to keep making them good? Shoot..

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hammerhead is still the best
Old 09-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Are we really seeing fsr get smaller?

Can we beg em to keep making them good? Shoot..
I'd take all of this conversation as anecdotal. I'd wait until there was firm data (i.e. detailed measurements like WhiskeyHammer or myself did) before making any purchasing decisions. The other things that have me wondering are claims of, small and repeatable bias (i.e. 1ft left) that fall within the realm of impacts seen in un-noticeable (less than 3mph) breezes.

That being said, I do think it would be wise for folks to have two barrels (i.e. .683 LAPCO and a .689 HH) and to sort their paint accordingly. I attribute this to normal manufacturing deviance vice, general round downsizing.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I just shot a few through both barrels (newer rnds) no measuring and at 30 yds . Lapco is by far the more accurate . The fps difference was at about 30 fps. The HH will always be in the bag . It's better than a smooth bore barrel .
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Only thing I don't like about rifled are they are a PITA on the field to clean after a break.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

How to tell if the hammerhead barrel is .684 or larger?
My bangstixx does not have a bore size, but a battlestix has .684.

I found my bangstixx to be very accurate. If it is the large bore, but I used the .683 fin, and the longer barrel, I just wonder if that impacts accuracy at all compared to the discussion.
Spyder E-MR5 - for those huge scenario games
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

The thing is, as roundball has shown, individuals are not very well suited for assessing projectile performance in field conditions. Scientifically speaking, how can someone reliably and repeatedly assess projectile performance in field conditions where the azimuth changes from shot to shot, and undetectable winds may change or, start/stop throughout the course of the day? This doesn't even account for the mental state (adrenaline, frustration, etc) of someone in game.

If the assessment is being done outdoors and out of game, then it comes down to the evaluator getting enough shots over a chrono, and are they quantifying the wind (via a kestrel or similar device), and measuring impacts? Only then you can perform statistical analysis that will provide a 90% (or greater) confidence on the assessment.

I'm not telling folks to not believe that they are getting better performance or such due to a specific product or combination of products. I'm saying other folks shouldn't be basing their purchases based on someone else's belief.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike