mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 01-07-2019, 08:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frmespec View Post
Funny enough, this post made me want to build one. So I’ll be cranking a couple out as soon as I finish my Old School Build
Dude! Yussssss!

Ignore the text below the image.

A thought from the peanut gallery - if there is any way to bolt the PMC mag well onto a regular phantom, at least one phantom phanboi will bow in your eminence.

There's probably no way around a dedicated FSR build, but it'd be cool to be able to just slap something on the Lego Gun that is a phantom.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:42 AM   #22 (permalink)

I've talked with ADN and Lansing Industries about doing a FSR, mag-fed phantom. Both think it's a cool idea, but don't have space for it in their current lineup. Maybe sometime in 2020 if nobody else gets there first.

I've also done a wide range of FSR-dedicated markers: bolt-action phantom, tipx, t8.1, t9.1, DAM, Hammer 7, etc.

I ditched the tibs because of the mags and weight. They are very solid markers, but if any 1 thing goes wrong (like a chop), your day goes south really quickly. And it is difficult to carry a sufficient number of mags to play mid-range aggressive like I do.

I ditched the phantom because it's hard to play mid-range aggressive with a single-shot marker.

I ditched the DAM because the price wasn't worth it to me and didn't go for any other Dmag marker because I don't like the bulkiness of the mags.

I ditched the hammer because I want to be able to throw more paint more quickly. I'm not a sniper; I just like the better range and better accuracy.

Now I use a tipx. I've bought and sold tipx's a number of times because there are always issues. But I keep coming back because they end up being the best platform out there for my style of FSR play. So right now I have a tipx on a remote with a lock-block breech, a lapco .683 rifled barrel, a lapco front block with rail, a small red-dot, and I run 12rd trufeeds with 2 dump pouches (one for full mags and one for empties). I've tried a number of mag holsters and just haven't found anything that I really like with the capacity I want. I'm thinking of trying the Bear Tactical 5-mag holster next.

I tried the umarex kit on one tipx and immediately went back to just the pistol. I also had a TCR and TMC at different points (in between different tipx's) and didn't really like them, but didn't yet know that I really just wanted a pistol.

Everyone's play style is different, but maybe some of that helped.
bowcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:31 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
I've talked with ADN and Lansing Industries about doing a FSR, mag-fed phantom. Both think it's a cool idea, but don't have space for it in their current lineup. Maybe sometime in 2020 if nobody else gets there first.

I've also done a wide range of FSR-dedicated markers: bolt-action phantom, tipx, t8.1, t9.1, DAM, Hammer 7, etc.

I ditched the tibs because of the mags and weight. They are very solid markers, but if any 1 thing goes wrong (like a chop), your day goes south really quickly. And it is difficult to carry a sufficient number of mags to play mid-range aggressive like I do.

I ditched the phantom because it's hard to play mid-range aggressive with a single-shot marker.

I ditched the DAM because the price wasn't worth it to me and didn't go for any other Dmag marker because I don't like the bulkiness of the mags.

I ditched the hammer because I want to be able to throw more paint more quickly. I'm not a sniper; I just like the better range and better accuracy.

Now I use a tipx. I've bought and sold tipx's a number of times because there are always issues. But I keep coming back because they end up being the best platform out there for my style of FSR play. So right now I have a tipx on a remote with a lock-block breech, a lapco .683 rifled barrel, a lapco front block with rail, a small red-dot, and I run 12rd trufeeds with 2 dump pouches (one for full mags and one for empties). I've tried a number of mag holsters and just haven't found anything that I really like with the capacity I want. I'm thinking of trying the Bear Tactical 5-mag holster next.

I tried the umarex kit on one tipx and immediately went back to just the pistol. I also had a TCR and TMC at different points (in between different tipx's) and didn't really like them, but didn't yet know that I really just wanted a pistol.

Everyone's play style is different, but maybe some of that helped.
Thanks. Yes. All good info. If Iím am playing mid to front, I just run with my Ego. My Phantom is primarily used for flanking and support roles. Round capacity isnít a big concern.
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #24 (permalink)

Have you considered any of MCS-Tacamo platforms? They seem to have a bunch of options for building your own platform.
firemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #25 (permalink)

Ended up getting a full T9.1 Sniper package for $275 on EBay. Couldnt pass it up. Came with 2 scopes, 14" rifled barrel, mock suppressor, bipod, foregrip, laser, 13ci tank, extra mags.

Wasn't my first choice... But for $275... stupid cheap. I should be able to strip it down pretty good too lose weight.

When the MG100 drops, I'll def be checking it out.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
Ended up getting a full T9.1 Sniper package for $275 on EBay. Couldnt pass it up. Came with 2 scopes, 14" rifled barrel, mock suppressor, bipod, foregrip, laser, 13ci tank, extra mags.

Wasn't my first choice... But for $275... stupid cheap. I should be able to strip it down pretty good too lose weight.

When the MG100 drops, I'll def be checking it out.
That is an AMAZING deal! Nice grab.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:27 AM   #27 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Indeed! Nice find!

It'll give you a chance to mess around and see what you do or don't like.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #28 (permalink)

Agreed. I wonít use majority of the stuff that came with it, but I thought it was a steal. I think they sold it as a T9.1 Sniper package for like $700 new? Iíll def have fun messing around with it. Very curious to see how these FSR compare to regular round ball. As I said before, Iíve never even seen them aside from YouTube.

If I decide to use it at my local field, I donít think they allow or have FSR. Whatís the highest end round ball you can shoot through these? Iím guessing they run at a higher pressure than my Ego and Phantom. Also concerned about the whole magfed. Can they handle Graffiti or Ultra Evil?
Old 01-13-2019, 11:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
My local field does not sell fsr, but they let me bring it from outside ...

For graffiti ... I never got it to work I'm my vortex or tipx ... It always end up breaking ... (I have not tried the other paint)
The cheap paint work great in the mag ... But it shoots like

That's why I stick with FSR or chain drive (ATS) for magfeed.

For sale:
Bolt action Phantom
Tacamo vortex

My Feedback
XEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Good Graffiti should work just fine. T8-9.1 run around 300-350 psi, last time I looked.
This issue isn't the bolt or valve, it's more about the spring retention causing dimples on the balls from being vertically loaded.

I don't see Ultra Evil working particularly well... although if the springs are soft enough you could have a good day. I have some old Evil I might test out.

Cheap paint with hard shells work just fine, so long as it isn't too small. I don't see tiny paint .67x being that great. I shoot ~.681-.686 with my cheap field paint without problems using the stock barrel which is probably around a .690 bore.

I use the FSR bolt on my T8.0 and the bolt spring now for everything and it works great.
You can reduce some of the ball crush in the mags by locking the springs down, if they feel pretty new, over-night. The mags I have are all used and feel very soft, no issues for me.

I have to use the FSR springs (red) when I shoot FSR though, as the old stock springs can cause loading issues with FSR.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike