mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 01-06-2019, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Right in the EAR HOLE!!!

Build Help

First post, and new to FSR, so I’ll start with a bit of background. Been in the sport for over 20 years. For the last several years I’ve been running 2 completely different setups, depending on the game/role/field etc. An Ego 11 and an OC Phantom. Looking to get something FSR compatible to replace the Phantom. Main objective is building something that would be light and agile. Not a fan of the heavy, milsim style markers. But LOVE the idea of a 20-25 round mag, and the improved range and accuracy of the FSR rounds. Also, gaining a higher ROF is HUGE. I have seen the Phantom conversions, but going to such a limited round capacity and losing the semi auto ability is not worth it just to switch to FSR.

Currently have my Phantom setup open class with a rear mount Ninja 13ci tank, 12” freak bored barrel, 50mm red dot, and 40 round hopper. Interested in building an FSR marker that can run the same 13ci tank off the back, 20-25 round mags, and a rifled barrel. Want to keep it as light as possible. Currently looking at a couple options, but again, I am new to all this and my knowledge of what out there is very limited. I talked with Mark at FS and he did give me some advice as well.

1) FSC with adapter for rear mounted tank, 5” rifled barrel with suppressor to add length, added sight rail for scope. Would be a right little package. Downside, limited round capacity, and only 10” barrel with 5” of rifling.

2) T9.1 with 14” rifled barrel, floating hand guard, rear mounted tank. Downside, limited round capacity.

3) T15 machine pistol, rear mounted tank, 14” rifled barrel. Downside, have been told they are not as efficient as the FSC or T9.1. Upside, 25 round mags.

Thoughts? Other suggestions? Can you upgrade the reg in any of these markers?

Much appreciated.

Last edited by Cotton; 01-06-2019 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Did not finish.
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Haaaaaay! Welcome to the community!

I think you've come to the right place to figure this out.

For the "other suggestions" category:
- I don't know if they exist, but a 3d printed mag adapter for a phantom might be fun to figure out... if you want a project.
Here's a bunch of links to cool related stuff you might find interesting:
Automag mag adapter mod
SR1 for sale
MFG
The poke
Since barrels seem to matter
Speaking of barrels

Last edited by Bang*Bang**; 01-06-2019 at 04:23 AM.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Right in the EAR HOLE!!!

Appreciate it. Excited to enter this new universe. Never used FSR or even seen them before, aside from YouTube. Majority of my current PB community come from a speedball background, and we are just to old and broken now, to be sprinting around and diving behind bunkers. I still run an Ego 11 for Front play, but the Phantom is my primary setup for large woodsball fields.

Again, my main objectives are 1) Save as much weight as possible 2) Be able to use a rifled barrel 3) Rear mounted 13ci 4) Mag capacity 5) Efficiency/Consistency 6) Obviously a quality product with good support and easy to get parts.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Honestly I would go with a phantom system and use a tempest drum mag to get what you want.. it wouldn’t be hard to make an extended phantom body and bolt a PMC magwell to it...

I am in kind of the same boat. That’s why I built my Magfed Emek.. thing is crazy light and shoots FSR like a beast
Frmespec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Right in the EAR HOLE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frmespec View Post
Honestly I would go with a phantom system and use a tempest drum mag to get what you want.. it wouldn’t be hard to make an extended phantom body and bolt a PMC magwell to it...

I am in kind of the same boat. That’s why I built my Magfed Emek.. thing is crazy light and shoots FSR like a beast
It’s tempting, but I really want to step up to a semi auto platform. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Phantom. I’m the only guy in my group that even uses a pump. But when everybody else I play with uses high end electro’s, it gets challenging to hold them off with the maximum ACCURATE rof of about 3-4 bps. Also, with the T15 option, I can upgrade to full auto.

Last edited by Cotton; 01-06-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
aka Alby

Send a message via AIM to pinkanese

If you're not in a hurry you might wait for the Emek MG100 to come out. Super light weight, uses relatively inexpensive DAM magazines, and should be very reliable.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...mek-mg100.html
Nobody actually plays on MCB, they just hoard and sell.
pinkanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Might also be worth checking out the ADN markers. Ive been lusting after the X1-P for a while, but Id need to pair down my collection a bunch to justify it.

ADN Paintball Home

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Right in the EAR HOLE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 View Post
Might also be worth checking out the ADN markers. Ive been lusting after the X1-P for a while, but Id need to pair down my collection a bunch to justify it.

ADN Paintball Home
Saw many of their markers, and they just looked like Magfed pumps. Cool... But donít think they would be any improvement over the 3 options I already listed.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Right in the EAR HOLE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkanese View Post
If you're not in a hurry you might wait for the Emek MG100 to come out. Super light weight, uses relatively inexpensive DAM magazines, and should be very reliable.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...mek-mg100.html
I did see some people talking about the new MG100. Do you know when they are supposed to drop? I definitely trust PE as a brand. The ANS write up has me drooling. Have had a lot of luck with their Egoís and Etekís over the years. Would just be slightly hesitant on the first run of any marker though. Iím sure there will be kinks to work out. At least the T-series have been established for a while. Also curious what the price point would be.

Last edited by Cotton; 01-06-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
aka Alby

Send a message via AIM to pinkanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
I did see some people talking about the new MG100. Do you know when they are supposed to drop? I definitely trust PE as a brand. Have had a lot of luck with their Egoís and Etekís over the years. Would just be hesitant on the first run of any marker though. Iím sure there will be kinks to work out. At least the T series have been established for a while.
I recall seeing something like Q2 or spring of this year, no confirmed date. The Emek platform has been out for the last year or so and has gotten very good reviews. The valvetrain comes from the Etha which has been out longer than that. Only real issue or growing pain is going to be how reliably it feeds, but so far reports are good.
Nobody actually plays on MCB, they just hoard and sell.
pinkanese is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike