mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 10-28-2019, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

High end FSR platform for long range shooting....

I've been out of paintball for 3 years......I'm back and looking to get the best of long range fsr shooting.

sar 12 setup.

ssr setup.....I would be playing the odds of ebay or bst for availability.

mg100 with a carmatech barrel and optic setup.

MCS dmr platform I remember the issues they were having a few years ago, just thought I would throw this in.

ADN xp1 a/p setup with a carmatech barrel and optic setup.

I previously owned a DAM and it was used for fsr shooting 95% of the time, so not going that route again.

Did I miss anything as far as markers ? Just go with a sar12 or ????
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Negative

You will not regret an M40 or an SSR setup.
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I'm coming out of a similar 'outage'. I'm wondering what it was about the DAM that you really don't like- play style?, reliability?

I'm extremely happy with my FN303 (reliability, consistency) however, the one thing that keeps me from recommending it outright is the difficulty and cost in procuring magazines (I was lucky and got all I need and a few spares for parts).

I haven't really seen any rigorous (20+ shots) consistency data, or reliability data for any gun, so my recommendation is to get something that fits your play style. I do find the MG100 and the associated magazine followers an interesting proposition.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I'm coming out of a similar 'outage'. I'm wondering what it was about the DAM that you really don't like- play style?, reliability?

I'm extremely happy with my FN303 (reliability, consistency) however, the one thing that keeps me from recommending it outright is the difficulty and cost in procuring magazines (I was lucky and got all I need and a few spares for parts).

I haven't really seen any rigorous (20+ shots) consistency data, or reliability data for any gun, so my recommendation is to get something that fits your play style. I do find the MG100 and the associated magazine followers an interesting proposition.
I never had an issue with the DAM, I just didn't use it for anything else than FSR shooting. I'm going mechanical or pump this time for ease of maintenance.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
You will not regret an M40 or an SSR setup.
Captain, who makes the M40 ? Is that a custom setup ? Nevermind, just found it on CCM.

Last edited by Sumo64c; 10-29-2019 at 01:52 AM.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Ooo. Someone coming back to the sport specifically for FSR play? Interesting.

You missed a sweet a$$ custom hammer 7 job! Nothing says high-end like a dremeled Hammer 7! (ok, half joking)

Sorry, sometimes my inside voices take control of the keyboard. I'm just here for the gear pron.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
here 4 the memes

A well built Dammed Hammer 7 bolt action platform is not a marker to sneeze at. Two buddies have built them and they work extremely well. I know not high end.

MCS DMR... eh, I've seen mixed experiences with them. SAR or SSR will be the tops, mg100 has blown up since its release for a reason, light, consistent, great shooter.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to ECAPNation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Mg100.

Period. Close thread.
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
ECAPNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
The MCS Bolt pump has performed great with FSR at a distance, especially considering the price tag.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you can find an SSR/M40/SR1 and it's in the budget, do that.

If not, the MG100 is great, and really versatile. Especially if you might want semi. You can set it up for CQB, Mid range/DMR, or long range, and it will perform well at all of them. different mags for different play styles, and more coming from the aftermarket depending on how you want to set it up.

Out of the box, mine with FSR and a hammerhead barrel was shooting roughly +/- 3 FPS. No feeding issues, and I was regularly able to make 80 - 100 yard shots with a scope and adjustable riser. Accuracy and groupings were on par with the SSR variants I have owned (I don't go through sizing and weighing my rounds).

I have owned an ADN XP-3. Very impressed with the gun. I loved the layout with a normal ASA, not tank in stock, and it shot great - really consistent, very well build. I am not a fan of the TiPX magazines. With every one I tried, I would get periodic round flips on the last round with FSR.

I have never owned a SAR12, but I have shot one. They are enormous. You can use any of the other 3 option I mentioned to build a lighter, less bulky setup. I have also heard issues with rounds flipping from all of my friends who have owned them for any long period of time.

Bottom Line, go the CCM or MG100 route - performance is exactly what you are looking for, and they have the best magazine systems/feeding designs, so reliability is top notch - which is usually not the case with mag fed guns. that way you can focus on playing, getting better, and making shots; not screwing around with misfeeds.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike