mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 07-24-2016, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
The Murph my goal!!

I'm doing 1/2 a murph with no vest in 25 minutes and stepping up my game with a vest here and there. I am looking at a full Murphy on veterans day ! My upper body is great but I have issues with the squats that carries over into the last mile. I do the Cindy method that has worked really good and gotten my time down. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing training for the murph tips and such . I love challenging workouts I'm 48 and feeling great lol!
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've been doing the Murph for a couple of years now. I've done it a couple times the with 20 pound weight vest but most of the time I stick to just body weight. What a lot of people don't realize is the Murph is more of a strength workout rather then Cardio. In order to do a full Murph you need to add volume to your workouts and stay on muscle groups for longer periods of time rather then the 5, 10, 15 split. Try a 10, 20, 30 split, Then when that's mastered try a 15, 30, 45 and then a 20, 40, 60 and so on.
You could also try doing it as an EMOM such as 1 minute of max pull ups followed by a minute off then max pushups and so on.
If your legs don't feel like jello for the first half mile of the last run you didn't work hard enough! hahaha
Hope it helps!
nickd45898 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness