mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 05-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
Combining fitness trackers

Does anyone know of an app or software that will combine the data from different fitness trackers into one report?

I currently have a Charge 2 and at the gym we use My Zone which is a chest strap that puts out heart rate and zone right up on a monitor in the gym so it's real easy to see and know if you are pushing hard enough (and a bit of public shaming for motivation if you are not). I just got a new phone and it has Samsung Health on it. I obviously can't use my phone at the gym and the charge 2 gets in the way of some exercises or volleyball and isn't as accurate as the chest strap. I just want something that could consolidate all the data into something useful.
Nectaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Addict.

CCM Fan
Might be able to connect in the mapmyrun app, I haven't done much digging but it's the only app I have that actually recognizes multiple tracker brands and app data.

Feedback Please!
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
Can't seem to find a list of compatible devices to see if My Zone is included.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
blah

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
In my (limitted) experience, the connectivity happens at the app level. So you would need to figure out how to pull the data from one app into the other. I'm sure not everyone plays well together. In my case, I use a Garmin Forerunner watch when I run, and a Strava app on my phone when I cycle. Garmin Connect and Strava are set up to share data, so uploading my watch data with Garmin Connect after a run automatically sends the run data to Strava. I just looked at my Strava account online and there is an "apps" section under settings in which I can turn sharing on and off. What you use might have similar.

So, you need to see which apps will allow sharing of external data with each other.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
I know the My Zone uses bluetooth and Ant+, was using a stationary bike instead of sprints last night due to hurt calf and the bike recognized the heart rate without me doing anything. Looks like the Map My may recognize many ant+ devices so I will try it tonight or tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
my experience is that fitbit doesn't allow their data to be shared anywhere.. you cant even integrate your daily metrics on the google fit app..

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
So last night I tried out the devices. Samsung health has an option to find devices and it didn't see the Charge 2 or the My Zone. The Map My app recognized them both and added them but it will only track heart rate info if you pay the $30 per year and despite seeing the fitbit it didn't download, track or show any information from it even though it said it would still access the steps info.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness