mcarterbrown.com  

The Garage Talk about your Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and other Garage Related Projects.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:58 PM   #431 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Nice dude I miss my Celly. GT or GT-S? 6 speed?
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:44 PM   #432 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
A torch Red RS5 went the NJ auction about a month ago so dam hot! So dam expensive going to have to wait a lil longer before it’s worth picking one up.

Picked this up for a daily 2.7TT Allroad it’s got a bunch of motor work Von Waggon Boogies

Name:  57560DB4-BD97-47E9-AB5E-103C31108203.jpeg
Views: 133
Size:  637.1 KB
Old 04-12-2019, 03:49 AM   #433 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
A torch Red RS5 went the NJ auction about a month ago so dam hot! So dam expensive going to have to wait a lil longer before itís worth picking one up.

Picked this up for a daily 2.7TT Allroad itís got a bunch of motor work Von Waggon Boogies

Attachment 69106
agreed, hard to stomach paying 80k for a car that will be in the 40s in a few years

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:04 AM   #434 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

My 4-by daily commuter. She was a bit of a splurge, but I rationalized it as an early-onset midlife crisis purchase. She was too pretty to pass up and reminded me of what I used to bomb around town on in my youth. Ah, the good old days.

Now, I don't want to make Sethzilla jealous, but I did put that sticker on myself. I'm pretty proud of my work.
Attached Images

Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:40 PM   #435 (permalink)
Springfeed the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
Nice dude I miss my Celly. GT or GT-S? 6 speed?
Just the GT. I wanted a 2zz, but I was never going to find one in this kind of condition. Honestly, the 1zz with a five speed is plenty fun for a daily.
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:46 PM   #436 (permalink)
MCB Member

I will enjoy every corner hugging, rev-screaming, delightful moment of this piece of over-engineered machinery before an Apex seal blows and I have to put it out to pasture or pony up for a rebuild.

I love this car.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:50 PM   #437 (permalink)
Springfeed the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashedUpMinnesotan View Post
I will enjoy every corner hugging, rev-screaming, delightful moment of this piece of over-engineered machinery before an Apex seal blows and I have to put it out to pasture or pony up for a rebuild.

I love this car.

https://i.imgur.com/qUz2rp9.jpg
Just keep up with regular maintenance and oil changes and you'll be fine. They're not the nightmare that people make them out to be.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #438 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
Just keep up with regular maintenance and oil changes and you'll be fine. They're not the nightmare that people make them out to be.
That has been my experience so far and the same that I've heard from almost everyone who has actually taken care of them. I've owned it for almost three years. It's had three oil changes in that time period with only about 5k put on it in that time frame. Probably slightly excessive, but a pound of prevention...

I think Mazda dropped the ball on educating consumers about what a rotary was going to require from its driver. Normal people with no interest in taking care of a performance machine (and the maintenance and headache that can come with it) saw a pretty sports car with reasonable power, balance, and amazing handling for under 30k and jumped on them.

Then they didn't check or change their oil often enough. Or use a 2-Stroke to help with Apex seals. Or make sure they were redlining every time they drove it. Then pretty soon, boom goes the rotary and they happened around the same time and now it still suffers from a ****ty reputation.

I may end up having to sell this soon because of a job change that is going to require more commuting; but I know that five years from now I will absolutely kick myself if I do. It's only got 53k on the clock - not something you see often in a 13 year old car.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #439 (permalink)
Springfeed the world.

I feel you. My dream car is an 84 RX7. When I get one, I'll rebuild the engine as many times as I have to.

That renesis should hold strong, though.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:20 PM   #440 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
I feel you. My dream car is an 84 RX7. When I get one, I'll rebuild the engine as many times as I have to.

That renesis should hold strong, though.
Man, the 84s are really something special aren't they? The last time I saw one come up for sale, it ended up going for 35k and I think with the right crowd there it would have gone for more.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » The Garage