mcarterbrown.com  

The Garage Talk about your Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and other Garage Related Projects.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:42 AM   #51 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
My first bike took a poop on me so I pulled the trigger on a new one.
Bigger , badder, 2014 Softail Deluxe.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...1&d=1404970896
Attached Images

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #52 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Sharp Deluxe!
paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #53 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Yeah, that's nice looking. One comfy looking seat too! That's always the first thing I notice on bikes. Ridden one too many uncomfortable ones.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #54 (permalink)
Frozen Chosen

Send a message via Yahoo to Grolli

My Stable...

1985 Yamaha Venture Royal... 72,000 miles

and

2006 Honda VTX1300... 23,000 miles
Attached Images

The most terrifying words in the English language are:
I'm from the government and I'm here to help. - Ronald Reagan
Grolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #55 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Put just about 500 miles on my new baby already. Spent the whole day on two wheels. Ran from Philly to Wildwood and back. I love this damned thing.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #56 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I picked up an xs to customize early this spring. It was a basket case with low miles, still is a basket case. I figured it would be a while before it was done so I picked up another bike to ride while I work on that. This bike ended up being rougher than I first thought when I bought it but luckily it did start and run quite well so that was the main thing I was worried about.

I have put new wheel bearings in it, new tapered steering stem bearings, new bronze swingarm bushings, new 520 chain and sprockets spaced out to the far outside with some custom spacers I made. I also just installed some new tires, but sadly I have a leaky valve stem so I need to mess with the front some more. The Special bars on it felt terrible to me so I swapped them for some Renthal Fat Bars I had for my other project. I installed a a magura master cylinder and rebuilt the front caliper, I will be doing the rear soon.

The tach was busted on it so I removed it and installed one of my tach deletes. I also chopped the front fender down into a strut. I was gonna weld it up some more but my welder is out of gas from me leaving the valve on last time, luckily I didn't have very much left so no huge loss. I purchased the pipes and longer shocks here, I welded in the baffles that were in them, they were a bit small, it seems to run much better now. The stock pipes were blown out and rusty, I chopped the left side up to retain my center stand bumper. I will post up some more pics of those items soon. I have some side covers coming and another tank I am painting to put on this, then I may end up selling it but who knows. I kind of want to do a kick only setup on this and solo seat but we will see.

So far it's a pretty fun old bike, my first bike actually that I have ridden more than just once on the street. Looking forward to doing some more with it.

How I got it:

This picture makes the bike look way better than it was. It had a lot of plastic dip spray on the tank, and fender, and a bunch of other places it shouldn't be. It's still on the forks, I plan to clean it off sometime soon.

The bike had 30+ years of chain lube on it as well as an oil leak and an old one at that, lots of grease was cleaned off this, still a lot to get too but in due time. I am glad to be riding something. These bridgestone trail wings feel much better than the Cheng Shin tires that were on it.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:29 AM   #57 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Just picked her up after a 2 month rebuild at the local old-bike shop. Holy crap what a difference... this thing really goes now. Spanked my neighbor's R6 in a stop sign drag race. I love the older bikes with personality and soul.

Name:  20140808_172955.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  304.5 KB

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #58 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Brought this home last week. Wanted one for almost 10 years now.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #59 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
I think I would marry that. The Duke needs a Duc.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #60 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I really am in love with it. I have wanted one since I read an article about the prototype in 2005, first model year was 07. This is the Evo SP Corse edition which is the top of the line Hypermotard. I picked it up used, only has 2900 miles on it and has a lot of nice upgrades installed already. All I plan to do is swap out the stock hand guards/blinker/mirror combo for something that has a more functional mirror, and install a USB power port (on the way) so I can charge my phone and use my GPS on it and not need to worry about battery drain.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » The Garage