mcarterbrown.com  

The Garage Talk about your Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and other Garage Related Projects.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Yeah, but if that's true its going to be a huge price increase. The STi version of my car was only $5k more, which is not hard to swing. Probably my biggest regret, but I had just started a new job and immediately got a better job after signing my lease. But, that's why i like leasing rather then financing, so your not losing your *** in a trade in. Or dumping money into mods to make it an STi.

If the new STi is deep into the 40's there's a lot of other cars with better interiors and more refinement to look into. The WRX and STi are a huge value where they are at. And they lease out awesome because of their good residual value.

I'd like to see the next STi in a hatchback with a slight displacement increase and a little bump in horsepower.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pretty Boy Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by theangrydragon View Post
Yeah, but if that's true its going to be a huge price increase. The STi version of my car was only $5k more, which is not hard to swing. Probably my biggest regret, but I had just started a new job and immediately got a better job after signing my lease. But, that's why i like leasing rather then financing, so your not losing your *** in a trade in. Or dumping money into mods to make it an STi.

If the new STi is deep into the 40's there's a lot of other cars with better interiors and more refinement to look into. The WRX and STi are a huge value where they are at. And they lease out awesome because of their good residual value.

I'd like to see the next STi in a hatchback with a slight displacement increase and a little bump in horsepower.
I do not think the price will increase. With the Focus RS and the new Honda Civic SI both pushing more HP than the STi (and in the same price bracket) I do not see them pushing the price. They need more power at the same price point to stay relevant. We will have to wait and see obviously because it's pure speculation at this point, but I am crossing my fingers for more power with less mods!
Old 07-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Welcome to the Suby club
I've owned a variety of vehicles in my life, my 07 Forester FXTS is head and shoulders above anything I've owned
It's been bulletproof at 170k miles and I'll never own a non AWD car again
Plan on keeping it forever and upgrading it as things break
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCD Member

One more Subaru Ambassador here!

You also get $150 credit every quarter to order swag from their site. It's mostly miscellaneous promo type stuff for you to give away. They just ask that you check-in every month and let them know how many Subaru related interactions you've had (like a 1 minute survey). They don't have any specific requirements for staying in the program, other than checking in every month.

Here's their site: https://www.subaruambassador.com/
Old 07-22-2017, 07:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Not an ambassador. I actually sell them new and Pre-owned. If I can be of assistance don't hesitate to ask. I am in the Philadelphia market.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
Welcome to the Suby club
I've owned a variety of vehicles in my life, my 07 Forester FXTS is head and shoulders above anything I've owned
It's been bulletproof at 170k miles and I'll never own a non AWD car again
Plan on keeping it forever and upgrading it as things break
No leaky headgaskets or bad catalytic converters yet?
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelTASteve View Post
If you have the patience try and wait til 2019. Rumors are ~450hp and a redesign for the 2020 model year. I will be trading in my 2017 STi in a heartbeat if that's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
Not an ambassador. I actually sell them new and Pre-owned. If I can be of assistance don't hesitate to ask. I am in the Philadelphia market.
Looks like 2020 I'll be buying one from you!
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
No leaky headgaskets or bad catalytic converters yet?
No,just smoged it and it ran clean
The gasket seeps a little but I check the fluid levels frequently, no compression leaks.I make sure to use the additive and change the coolant often
It's the 2.5 turbo with a 5 speed ,I dream of adding the 6spd and STI brakes and suspension
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Not Northern per Mar

Nice boy racer cars, but for 40k the STI has a pretty subpar interior... and this from someone who likes plain interiors (not for 40k tho!)
Old 07-23-2017, 08:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive View Post
Nice boy racer cars, but for 40k the STI has a pretty subpar interior... and this from someone who likes plain interiors (not for 40k tho!)
What's subpar about multi position power Recaro seats with leather and Alcantara upholstery?

Same or higher price tag on Audi and VW performance sedans and no where near the level of support or performance.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » The Garage