mcarterbrown.com  

The Garage Talk about your Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and other Garage Related Projects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
chrislognshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

France and one other country will stop sell of gas cars.

so if company's want to sell cars in their country they have to hybrids or all electric cars only. you will not be able to by car that runs on gas and diesel only. so in france by 2040

France will stop selling petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040, France's new Ecology Minister Nicolas Hulot said Thursday as he presented details of the country's energy strategy.
The ban on gas and diesel is key new President Emmanuel Macron's government meeting France's commitments under the Paris Agreement on Climate Change. But the measures are also a response to a pollution crisis in French and European cities, caused by the proliferation of diesel-powered vehicles in recent years. The full extent of their harmful emissions only became apparent after U.S. authorities exposed Volkswagen's fraudulent claims regarding its diesel vehicles' environmental performance in 2015.
The newspaper Le Monde reported Hulot as saying his plan, which has been called 'One Planet, One Plan' and was broadcast on Facebook live, would be a "real revolution."
The revolution is, in fact, already underway. Swedish automaker Volvo, owned by China's Geely Automotive, said Wednesday it will stop selling cars with traditional internal combustion engines by 2019, and sell only hybrid and pure electric vehicles from then on. Further afield, India has also said it intends to ban sales of traditionally powered vehicles by 2030.
But France is the first big EU country to set a time limit for phasing out gas and diesel entirely. To get there, Hulot said he would create financial incentives for people to trade in older, more polluting vehicles for newer, cleaner ones. He didn't give details.
Separately, Hulot also promised that France will stop generating electricity with fossil fuels by 2022, and cut its dependence on nuclear power to below 50% by 2025.
France's car industry isn't badly placed for the transition to e-mobility: Renault's Zoe is the best-selling electric car in Europe, and Renault also has a strategic partnership with Nissan, maker of the all-electric Leaf. However, they still only account for a tiny fraction of overall sales currently.Countries across Europe are trying to limit transport-related pollution. In London, U.K., an ultra-low emission zone will be in place from April 2019 where drivers of some diesel cars will be forced to pay a 24 pound ($31 fee a day. In Germany, the government has pledged to put one million electric cars on the road by 2020.
__________________
pc steam handle chrisfallout666
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
HP_Lovecraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern Maine

France gets nearly all its electricity from nuclear plants, for which it considers nuclear energy to be "green". This is similar to the argument years ago that gas/diesel cars should be forced to be converted to run Hydrogen only. Hydrogen can be easily made via electrolysis.

It is also similar to Norway. They heavily subsidize electric cars. So much that they use more electric cars that most of the world combined. Great? well, they are also one of the worlds largest "exporter" of petroleum products. That money is used to subsidize the electrics.

So, like France, you can not have one and not the other.
__________________
www.montneel.com

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Cunha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

And electric cars here are also heavily subsidized. I like progress but some power sources are inferior. We will see how it actually pans out. Someone can do a study on the net impact on the environment. Strip mining africa for elements to produce batteries, the actual production of those batteries...the actual production of a whole world fleet of new electric vehicles....what that means for long distance land travel for average person...hot swappable universal batteries maybe? and of course considering what it takes to produce electricity at a power plant.
__________________
"I'll see it when I believe it"

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oklahoma

the UK just announced this same time frame.
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Deplorable...
 
freedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: jerzzeeee shore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
and of course considering what it takes to produce electricity at a power plant.
agreed, so now we will be driving coal cars?
__________________
'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.' - Edmund Burke

past & present https://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barrack Hussein Obama: The biggest fraud ever perpetrated upon the American people


Last edited by freedom; 08-02-2017 at 06:36 AM.
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
I like progress but some power sources are inferior.
Ever seen one of these inferior power sources go down the 1/8 mile?
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!
 
Crimson Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Clayton, NJ
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Ever seen one of these inferior power sources go down the 1/8 mile?
still ain't as fast as nitrometh
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith
 
JKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Ever seen one of these inferior power sources go down the 1/8 mile?
1/8 mile? big deal...

What is important is 75 miles down the road when your battery needs charged and you are stuck in traffic.

This entire push is to get people away from cars and into mass transit. Its a control move...
__________________
Proud Member of THE URBAN GUARD

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington


Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR View Post
1/8 mile? big deal...

What is important is 75 miles down the road when your battery needs charged and you are stuck in traffic.

This entire push is to get people away from cars and into mass transit. Its a control move...

Lol, the point being that seeing HOW fast they go down the track indicates the raw power and torque that a gas motor can't duplicate for size.

Do you use a specific gas card? Ever had to go online to look for the station you could use the card at? Same EXACT deal with electric. You can go many places and more and more every day, but you DO have to plan your stops.


To go off on a tangent a bit here......your "control move" prompts me to give you a different view. At the turn of the 1800's, our countries "transit/transportation" was based on street cars, trains to some degree, BIKES, and horse and buggy. There were very few cars. Roads were not yet designed for them. Home, work, shopping, and community were within a short walkable distance for most. You worked, played, and slept in the same community.
Enter the car. The industry that was car convinced our country that we needed to redesign faster, wider roads, going farther than we ever did before to "connect" our nation. The gas and car industry turned civil planning from walkable distances to drivable distances. Horses, bikes, and pedestrians were pushed from the roads that were originally made and designed for them. Until very recently, bikes were made to represent the drunkard without a license, the poor person who couldn't afford a car. Status is attributed to the ownership of a car, and the premiums for owning one are past ridiculous with the cost of insurance, tagging, upkeep, etc.
Nevermind the fact that most of us spend hours in that vehicle alone stuck in and adding to the traffic nightmare, wasting resources and poisoning our environment.

America is in love with it's cars, and we continue to grasp for straws to try and keep what was a bad idea from the get go. Cars should be a tool, a convenience, not something you have to have, and yet is made a priveledge that can be taken away.....you want to talk control...the car and gas industry have it.

Last edited by punkncat; 08-02-2017 at 06:54 AM.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Jordan Station, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Lol, the point being that seeing HOW fast they go down the track indicates the raw power and torque that a gas motor can't duplicate for size.

Do you use a specific gas card? Ever had to go online to look for the station you could use the card at? Same EXACT deal with electric. You can go many places and more and more every day, but you DO have to plan your stops.


To go off on a tangent a bit here......your "control move" prompts me to give you a different view. At the turn of the 1800's, our countries "transit/transportation" was based on street cars, trains to some degree, BIKES, and horse and buggy. There were very few cars. Roads were not yet designed for them. Home, work, shopping, and community were within a short walkable distance for most. You worked, played, and slept in the same community.
Enter the car. The industry that was car convinced our country that we needed to redesign faster, wider roads, going farther than we ever did before to "connect" our nation. The gas and car industry turned civil planning from walkable distances to drivable distances. Horses, bikes, and pedestrians were pushed from the roads that were originally made and designed for them. Until very recently, bikes were made to represent the drunkard without a license, the poor person who couldn't afford a car. Status is attributed to the ownership of a car, and the premiums for owning one are past ridiculous with the cost of insurance, tagging, upkeep, etc.
Nevermind the fact that most of us spend hours in that vehicle alone stuck in and adding to the traffic nightmare, wasting resources and poisoning our environment.

America is in love with it's cars, and we continue to grasp for straws to try and keep what was a bad idea from the get go. Cars should be a tool, a convenience, not something you have to have, and yet is made a priveledge that can be taken away.....you want to talk control...the car and gas industry have it.
Yes, track performance clearly translates into everyday utility.

I currently have a job close enough to home that I could use an electric car, but I can't afford one. I don't live in an area with mass transit, and can't afford to live in an area that does, so I have a car, with a gas engine, that's relatively fuel efficient, and that allows me to fuel up nearly anywhere I want.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » The Garage

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC