mcarterbrown.com  

The Garage Talk about your Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and other Garage Related Projects.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
all work

I feel your pain. I found a good bit of my #3 piston in the oil pan the other day. I'm $1400 into machine shop work and parts today. I can only imagine the price to pay someone else for assembly.

You might power-wash all the oil away and see where the leaks are actually coming from. I've no faith in dealership mechanics (or any mechanic I don't know personally for that matter) You might be pleasantly surprised.

I find that list to be just a bit suspect.

if you don't mind oil on your driveway the pan leak is of little concern as is the rear main seal. There's no front cover that should leak oil, maybe the oil pump? I think it's up on the front of the crankshaft, and if the rear leaks it would ble likely to also. Once again not really a problem aside from mess and top up.

The T-case and differentials are another matter as they are generally not easy to fill. I'm not familiar with explorer or the f150 that it's based on so I could be mistaken. Typically there is a fill plug on top of the T-case and each pumpkin.

I say fill and drive.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Everything you listed is easily doable yourself in the garage. Couple hundred bucks for the seals and done

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » The Garage