mcarterbrown.com  

The Garage Talk about your Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and other Garage Related Projects.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
the oddballer

Miata’s do make a great little drift car super easy haha. All you have to do is go over like 40 into a turn and it will do the rest haha Ima lift mine so I can do some baby off roading/ so next year at bacci mountain I can make it up the dirt hill haba
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

If you do end up relocating to Canada donít they some pretty loose import laws? You could realistically get a Suzuki cappuccino and have a ton of fun, they make miatas look big.
Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Paintball
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/melvin.brumski

Things I would like to purchase with American dollars:
1: Dragon barrel plugs!

I moved across the country, if you live in Louisiana hit me up!
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

Yeah, we can import at 15 years. Can't throw a rock without hitting a JDM diesel here in the Yukon (Mitsubishi Delicas mostly, with a lot of Toyota Hiluxes and Hilux Surfs too), and in the bigger cities R32 Skylines and the JDM-only Evo and STI variants are plentiful.

That being said, importing is either a hassle or expensive.
Marauder_Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Inline Mechs

Are you actually trying to be competitive or just looking for fun? That'll really help dictate the direction you go. If the former, find out the largest classes in your local competitions and get a car that fits in to really test your skills and mettle(Civics, Miatas, the GT86/BRZ/FRS triplets, gen5-6 Vettes, Golfs, Imprezas, S2000s, Mustangs all seem to usually have a good crowd). Or determine the most generous PAX indexed class (ES) and get that car (last gen Toyota MR2). Or simply a superb handling Miata or RX8 on the cheap. Or a dang kart - those are ridiculous little machines.

I run my Challenger with little Hemi and it's a blast! I'm definitely not top dog but not the worst either. No matter what there's a big grin on my face after every run though. Probably from the glorious V8 sounds while constantly getting on that skinny pedal. It's also interesting to see the difference various parts make (tires, LSD, sways) and a great way to learn how to actually handle your car in emergency situations.

Classing can be irritating with all the limitations - which is why I enjoy the relatively accepting CAM class (Classic American Muscle - RWD V8s). Makes pre-AX mods less penalizing.
Walking Stick is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » The Garage