mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #51 (permalink)
BLOODwaSHED

Mine is a play on the Christian term "washed in the blood of Christ".
But I also like the name because I have a fascination with blood, I love the look of it.
"I'm not an atheist, and I don't think I can call my self a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That , it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. Albert Einstein
bloodwashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #52 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Mine is a spoonerism of my real name. Somebody called me it back in 8th grade and it's stayed with me.

On the field most people that know me just call me Cow.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #53 (permalink)
Shi Tamagutsu Ka

I work with a small group of historical interpreters doing re-enactments of 17th century seafarers. I play the role of Ships Carpenter and Chanticlar.
We've worked for A&E, History Channel and The Learning Channel.
(I was hanged on History Channel ~ always knew I was hung, but now I have film credit to prove it )

Back around '90, I did a gig with the group and then went to a tourney practice still in costume.
The team started calling me Pyrate and I've been using it as my nom de guerre ever since and continuing to dress the part on the paintball field.

The name was chosen for me, I didn't pick it out myself.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Ok, let's see....

I am Cherokee. My name is Kanati Usti, meaning Little Hunter. Kanati is "Hunter", Usti is "Little"--one interesting thing about Cherokee names is the words are backwards. Why "Little"? I was named when I was younger. Eventually it'll be changed--just the "Little" part.

Back to the story. We all have Spirit Animals, and mine is a Hawk. They are like... Guardian Angels. They've got your back. I see them all the time. Sometimes, I've seen them, pointed them out to people, and they cannot see them.

Now for the 20. 20 has always been my lucky number. GREAT Example: Foughtwolf's raffle. I was Ticket #20, and the tickets were $20.

In school, I always seem to have Text Book #20.

There have been other things, such as small raffles or the "Pick a number between X and X" that I've won too with #20.

As for the "Eye"... Well.... Hawkeye20 sounds better than Hawk20.

Nemo Malus Felix

Last edited by Hawkeye20; 01-26-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #55 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I am.....
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #56 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

When i made my first hotmail account my name was taken and Rymzor was one of the suggestions, i dont know why tho the only letters that are in both names are the R's, and the M
Old 01-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #57 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
So you do have a tiny wiener and lil nuts then.
I swear this post came from Hurtcow...
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #58 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
I swear this post came from Hurtcow...
No, I'm more subtle than that.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #59 (permalink)
that escalated quickly

A chose my user-name because...

7 is my lucky number. It has followed me around throughout my life in many different ways. Too numerous to mention each individually.

I'm also a big Steve McQueen fan, his boyhood home is not far from me. Steve McQueen was of course was in The Magnificent Seven, a great western, based on Seven Samurai, a great Japanese adventure movie. I always liked the story and the just the sound of "The Magnificent Seven".

"Life is like a monkey. Sometimes it throws sh*t at you when you least expect it. All you can really do is, be on the look for it and hope it has bad aim."

MCB Feedback
magnificent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #60 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

My name is a phrase my friends and I came up with in high school after we all read clockwork orange. We developed our own language(slang if you will) using Nadsat(slang used in Clockwork Orange) and other words we substituted for others. It became my user name in the 90's after trying to sign up for something on the Internet and getting frustrated by "user name already in use". I have never had that problem since with snaparen, and it has become my on line persona in everything.
It is a phrase, Snap a ren. Snap being a action word meaning to do, multi-functional IE Snap me that object ( Hand me that object), I'm going to snap you(I'm going to get you), Lets go snap some beer(Lets go get/drink some beer).
A, well means a

Ren, well this is shortened from "Brethren" which is what we called a.......I hesitate is saying this....joint.

Now the disclaimer, My user name does not imply That I still participate or condone this type of activity any longer, that was a long time ago (not that there's anything wrong with it......except trying to explain to my kids why dad got arrested) Its just a user name now that is never taken, unless I've been there, and (until now) only a hand full of people in the world would know what it was after seeing it( had to explain this to my now ex wife when she first saw it as she knew what it meant).

Damn that was too long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually

Last edited by snaparen; 06-18-2016 at 02:18 PM.
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat