mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #41 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Sure, except the PSP is punishing Valken for supporting the NPPL. It isn't about customer care, it's a battle for survival.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Sure, except the PSP is punishing Valken for supporting the NPPL. It isn't about customer care, it's a battle for survival.
Which is a blatant violation of the ethical principles of autonomy and reversibility taught in any business ethics course.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #43 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

You're right, it isn't very nice.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
What comes around goes around. Forgive me if I don't shed any tears for Gino and Valken.

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
Heres what I am missing, where is the proof of this statement? Or is it opinion? Isnt it a possibility that PSP just does NOT want to do business with Valken? Also I do not understand the concept that a business HAS to do business with everyone else, ethically or otherwise. The PSP is a business and can conduct their business as they see fit, within the law of course, so this move may sink the company, but so what? Odds are there is way more behind the scenes happenings that have not been made public. Maybe Gino and Valken didnt like the fee or agreement and was trying to force PSP into something they didnt want to do, so see ya Valken.
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
I'll post my take on it...

Firstly, they're not doing anything illegal. Vender price fixing at an event doesn't violate anti-trust laws because there are other events that provide the same overall service. There is still competition in the market as a whole. Now if the PSP was the only outlet for paint manufacturers to sell their goods it would be a violation. This isn't the case, though.

Is it good for the customer, or even moral for that matter? No, it's not. But since the marketplace as a whole provides other outlets for this sort of entertainment you, as a consumer, still get to vote with your wallet. If the price fixing at these events bothers you so much you can keep walking and attend another. This is what the anti-trust laws are meant to provide you with: options. And you still have them, so no big deal.

As to the drama surrounding this, that's likely just personal issues getting in the way of business. Gino's stirring up a stink because he's not getting his way. However, as far as I'm concerned the PSP is not out of line requiring that you not sell to the opposition if you want to vendor at their event. Now, if that's not something stated in a contract somewhere, and their vendors are selling at the NPPL as well, we know there's some truth to Gino's accusations. And I'm sure there is, but knowing the two sides of this issue, the pot is likely being stirred by both hands.

But the specifics are missing. I've not seen a vendor contract, I don't know what other agreements are on the table with the existing vendors, etc, etc. There are many factors that are missing. It could be that Gino never even applied to vendor and he's just stirring the ****. I don't know, and neither do the rest of us. We can only comment on the legal aspects of vendorship, and then we don't even know if they apply in this instance. So it's all speculation.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #47 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O View Post
Heres what I am missing, where is the proof of this statement? Or is it opinion?
Very much my own opinion, that's my take on things.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #48 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
Very much my own opinion, that's my take on things.
Cool, thanks.

So is all this postioning and drama the result of each league trying to make the other go out of business? Seems to be that this is directly related to the PSP/NPPL fight to put the other out.
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #49 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O View Post
Cool, thanks.

So is all this postioning and drama the result of each league trying to make the other go out of business? Seems to be that this is directly related to the PSP/NPPL fight to put the other out.
That would be my guess. Either put them out of business or force them to merge.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
That would be my guess. Either put them out of business or force them to merge.
Except that Youngblood torpedoed the merger talks in Las Vegas because he couldn't have complete autonomy over the entire new league.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat