mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:47 PM   #1351 (permalink)
Banned

I'm gonna start "Kids on the Slope" soon, I like jazz and that's cool that Yoko Kanno is putting stuff together for it.

Summer Wars, I grabbed that one quick. It was on a whim stitch and I was entertained easily by that. Anyone catch the girl who leapt through time? or the Eden of the East stuff?
Twinflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:02 AM   #1352 (permalink)
A pretty good guy

So Iím playing catch up at the moment and getting around to stuff Iíve downloaded

So you gents have any input on this seasons anime?

I have a few Iím interested in and others that Iím looking for to seeing in 2018 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
karni-collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:50 AM   #1353 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
For this season, I'm watching:

A Sister's All You Need - Probably has the most f'ed up intro on episode one for any anime show I've ever seen, but is legitimately hilarious and gets really good within the first few episodes.

Recovery of an MMO Junkie - Another goofy romance anime, but staring *gasp* actual adults. I'd give it a watch because it's actually very funny.

Konohana Kitan - Another moe show. This one's about fox-girls working in a big hotel. Lots of magical crap going on. And some very strong Yuri undertones.

Himouto Umaru-Chan R - I got Amazon to watch this one because I liked the first season a lot. It's the story of a super-bratty high school girl who acts like the perfect teenager in front of everyone in public, but is the laziest person imaginable.

I've also been keeping up with the Dub for Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, season 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #1354 (permalink)
here 4 the memes

Quote:
Originally Posted by karni-collector View Post
So I’m playing catch up at the moment and getting around to stuff I’ve downloaded

So you gents have any input on this seasons anime?

I have a few I’m interested in and others that I’m looking for to seeing in 2018 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm watching:

Junni Taisen: Not much plot but a lot of good action and quality art for a show about a battle royale.

Shokugeki no Soma s3: I'm still enjoying this show, the formula hasn't gotten stale imo.

Kekkai Sensen s2: This will probably be my favorite show of the year like the first season was two years ago. Fantastic art, soundtrack and characters. Not much hinting at a major plot yet, just an episodic season so far.

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World: I never saw the original series but it doesn't seem like you need to. This has been a fun and light fantasy road trip anime so far.

Last edited by Salmon; 11-08-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:31 PM   #1355 (permalink)
here 4 the memes

I just binged all 10 episodes of Devilman Crybaby... oh my God that was an emotional ride. Crazy amounts of gore but so much heart and loss it tears you up. I haven't had to pick my jaw up after watching a show in a long time.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat