|General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.|
| ||Thread Tools|
|01-30-2014, 09:19 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2013
Canadians buying Planet Eclipse, BEWARE!
So... this is a bit of a saga so grab some popcorn.
1. In july 2013 I bought PE Etha fom buypbl.com and about a month later the solenoid started to leak. I narrowed it down to the relief valve kicking in at about 260 fps setting if you are using stock barrel and using 688 paint and trying to adjust the reg to gain 295 fps. The solenoid is operating very close to "safety" pressure and sometimes the relief valve kiks in causing "puffs" of air, and then over time whatever part keeps the valve closed fatigues and the solenoid starts venting at lower and lower pressures. DYE DAM has the same issue BTW.
The fairy tales about swapping orings to 20x2 to fix the issue that PE recommends are useless. The leak is not in the bolt/can assembly.
2. In august I called PE about the leak, they told me to register the gun online and send it to badlandspaintball.com and NOT PBL. I sent it to badlands and they REFUSED to replace the solenoid because apparently PBL buys PE stuff from New Jersey and not from Badlands (who is a PE distributor in Canada). Badlands held my gun for 60 days, then called me and said I have to pay $25 for shipping back, and no repair was done unless I pony up $90 on a month old gun.
3. Badlands told me that PE instructed them NOT to service markers bought by Canadians from USA or "grey" canadian distributors. PBL told me they tried to work with Badlands and they would not sell them PE guns so they bought them in USA. PBL never told me they were not an official PE distributor. PBL IS CANADIAN.
4. I emailed PE and they contacted Badlands, who agreed to swap the solenoid. The gun arrived with a slip that said "not repaired" but they reassured me it was fixed when I called them. The gun has the same problem after one case. Badlands told me NO FURTHER REPAIRS will be done for free even if the marker is under warranty per PE requirement. For the record, I have repaired numerous markers during this period (BT, DYE, SP, Tippmans). I was the unofficial gun tech at the fields.
5. I came across 3 ethas with the same problem locally, and many, many more people online. After much massaging PE's balls, they came clean about the bad solenoids See this: Etha weird leaking fart sound - Page 2
6. I am now stuck with a half-assed marker and nowhere to go. I called PBL and they told me they will buy a new etha and will take mine back, swap the solenoids and send me mine back, so that is my only hope.
TL;DR: If you buy Planet Eclipse ANYTHING from anywhere except Badlands = NO WARRANTY.
Imagine someone ordering an LV1 or GSL from PBL, or paintballgear to be later told to pound sand by PE when the gun breaks because only badlands is a legist distributor!
PS: And if any of you badlands/pe employees want to deny any of this, I have a massive email trail I can post to prove it. Etha has a design flaw, PE customer service is utter crap, only 1 year warranty and shady, anti-competitive deals with Badlands.
I am european and wanted to support PE, Etha was my first marker. I was never a KEE fan. PE dicked me over, I bought AXE and never looked back. My eye board died, KEE sent me a new one for free, no questions asked, did not care when and where I bought the gun. So far I have $2k in KEE gear because of this. Shame on you PE and Badlands, will never see a penny from me.
Last edited by wartex; 01-30-2014 at 09:47 PM.
|01-30-2014, 09:35 PM||#3 (permalink)|
wow thanks for the heads up. That's pretty shady that a retailer bought grey market stuff and resold it as being with full warranty. Doesn't surprise me that PE is telling people who bought,even unknowingly, grey market stuff to pound sand. With that said this is a case of F non legit distributors.
|01-30-2014, 09:52 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Clinton, MO
isn't this about the same as the angels? I think badlands were the only certified angel techs up there as well.
I b da fat one
If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.
my feedback https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
|01-30-2014, 09:59 PM||#5 (permalink)|
yes that's correct on Angels as well. Funny thing is Canadian Paintball also sold Angels
|01-30-2014, 10:34 PM||#7 (permalink)|
What a shame, support in the USA is great from PE.
Its actually one of the reasons I keep going back to PE.
What a bummer.
|02-01-2014, 01:49 PM||#9 (permalink)|
Owner of Crazy Cats
I know all about the deal that Badlands has with PE about distribution working in a store. We do deal with Badlands for alot of gear.
If you want PE markers that will be backed up by the warranty in Canada, you have to buy them through Badlands or a store that buys them through Badlands.
This honestly sucks for the customer that doesn't know any better because they think that they are buying a PE marker with the amazing PE support & warranty they come with.
I personally have had bad experiences with BuyPBL and won't deal with them (selling used gear with missing parts & shipping wrong sizes).
In this situation if I was the customer, I would be upset with both Badlands and BuyPBL for the way that it was handled.
"I shoot pump because it hurts more feelings." -- ryantuomi (heard at Living Legends 2)
"Not everybody understands English... but everyone understands stick" - Big Sexy Medic
"Pumping is about as much a disadvantage for me as shifting is for a Nascar driver" - Ralanti (in an email between ryantuomi, ralanti and I about playing pump)
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Last edited by EgoPossum; 02-01-2014 at 01:55 PM.
|02-01-2014, 01:59 PM||#10 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Could you ship it to some one in the states, and they try to get it fixed, or through the company in Jersey that sells to pbl?