mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP
 
iKNOWaFATman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
got mine in last night tried to fill out the promo... no luck. didn't even mess with switching over the phone yet. bout to do it right now.....
iKNOWaFATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Houston, TX

Dang they ran out of the $99 promo. I took too long.
__________________
Ebay Feedback

MCB Feedback
YBBPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
bellicose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKNOWaFATman View Post
got mine in last night tried to fill out the promo... no luck. didn't even mess with switching over the phone yet. bout to do it right now.....
Promo didn't open until yesterday.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP
 
iKNOWaFATman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Promo started 10th.... but either wa y itg never let me do it online. Had to do it through the app
iKNOWaFATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
bellicose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKNOWaFATman View Post
Promo started 10th.... but either wa y itg never let me do it online. Had to do it through the app
Should have added more to my post, the form for redemption of the promo didn't open up until the 20th.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:38 AM   #26 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP
 
iKNOWaFATman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
https://samsungpromotions.com/suppor...immersive.html

The 10th.
iKNOWaFATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
bellicose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKNOWaFATman View Post
Lol. The actual form on the Samsung site that you put your info for the redemption itself was not open until the actual "pre order" was finished. I tried the site every day as soon as I got my phone, but the options were not present until the 20th. I'm not talking about purchasing your phone or other qualifications, I'm talking about when you could actually use Samsung Promotions to fill out for the phone (the register process, which couldn't be filled out until you had a phone, as per their rules, because you needed the phone's IMEI, MAC and purchase receipt). As soon as it was the 20th, I refreshed the page, and the option was finally available to fill out for the gear vr and other goodies. At that point, I could have purchased the headset and sd card.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:13 AM   #28 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
Lol. The actual form on the Samsung site that you put your info for the redemption itself was not open until the actual "pre order" was finished. I tried the site every day as soon as I got my phone, but the options were not present until the 20th. I'm not talking about purchasing your phone or other qualifications, I'm talking about when you could actually use Samsung Promotions to fill out for the phone (the register process, which couldn't be filled out until you had a phone, as per their rules, because you needed the phone's IMEI, MAC and purchase receipt). As soon as it was the 20th, I refreshed the page, and the option was finally available to fill out for the gear vr and other goodies. At that point, I could have purchased the headset and sd card.
It took a little too much searching to figure out I had to use the Shop Samsung app to register in the first place.

The registration automatically pops up when you open the app on the s8, but I couldn't find it when I open it on my old phone.

I'm not butthurt over missing the headphones and SD card. I've already looked into something better, but obviously more expensive.

I'm going to pick up a Bose quietcomfort 35 & Asus xonar essence II for virtual 7.1 surround sound.
__________________
Ebay Feedback

MCB Feedback
YBBPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
bellicose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oregon

Ah. That's interesting. I like Samsung phones, but never use their apps if I can help it. Bose does make sound equipment.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
bellicose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oregon

Got an email, my gear vr is on the way!
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC