mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
Had to pause a game once while everyone beat out a fire. That was fun...
Even the "cold burn" used to start fires and burn hands. That was one thing I missed as a ref in the early 90s. Smoke bombs were thrown at nearly every game, but we had to watch them closely, and stop out any fires that pop up.

The "cold burn" usually use potassium chlorate instead of Kno3. It doesnt burn as hot, and won't burn through the thick cardboard casing. You can buy it online, but its not something you find everywhere.

Military ones use Zinc Chloride based ones. We would get those surplus too, but shoot out a massive flume of sparks when you pulled the cord. I think those were toxic as well? we didn't care, but we were young and stupid.

But I mostly made those KNo3, sugar, wax, baking soda versions. KNO3 can be found at lots of home/garden shops. NOT Stump remover. Look for "Nitrate of Potash". Its pure, cheap, and common. If you can't find it, NaN03 can be substituted. Its called "Nitrate of SOda".

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I have only seen smoke at games like Fulda Gap where it was employed by the people running the game. For the simulated gas attacks and what not but nothing user based.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat