mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

Shipping help

Completley unrelated to mcb here,

Purchased an item that was shipped via UPS, UPS trades off to USPS, USPS marked as delivered on the 3rd. The package was not and is not in the mail box.

Company states they use UPS on their page, and that items are not delivered on Saturdays.

However, UPS gave it to USPS, which i assume would still deliver it on a saturday (and obviously by tracking, did so).

What should i do in this predicament?

My thoughts: contact local USPS, contact UPS, and contact company.
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpiff View Post
so i super durped and there was no oring on the top i dont know why i though there was lol

Now that i have said that on the internet it will never be forgotten X_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonweasel View Post
48 weeks.
Hang your head in shame, you missed it. It was magnificent.
10 hail Chads and caress the nearest paintball gun in penitence.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
the oddballer

go in the order of who had it last so start with usps.
also sometimes they mark stuff as delivered when it hasn't been. for me, it usually shows up 1-2 days later.
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Wait a day or two. Sometimes you get the mailman that thinks he's saving time by scanning everything in as delivered before he does, and forgets something under the seat or whatever.
If he did drop it off at the wrong place, it's possible (probable in some few areas) that it will be dropped back off at the post office or your door. There's been more than a couple times just this year I've made a walk around my building handing mail to the right people. Heck, one small package was even from a jeweler. Karma, right?
If it's not there in the day or two after, work your way back. If the USPS marked it as received, then marked it as delivered, that's 100% on them.
My MCB Feedback
My eBay Feedback
Moriearty Hobby Supply on eBay and Facebook.
Deus Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
I have two brass barrels!

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
What Deus said. I've had this happen three times this last year. USPS says its delivered but it wasn't, then the next day..voila. Package out of thin air. I even had a package show up to my porch at 9:30 at night one time after saying it was delivered at noon that day. USPS can be odd. Give it some time.
Dawg047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
One Foot Less

I have been having repeated instances of this as of late. I have been paying UPS and FedEx shipments and they often will use "Smart Post" without notifying of it's use.

Often, if you call the local USPS with the tracking, they can tell you where it was physically dropped. If you are lucky, they will tell you an address different than your own and you can go leave a note, etc.

In many cases they will tell you your own address, and you have to count on the people who actually received it being honest and return shipping it. In that case it might get re-routed to you directly, or it may be returned to the shipper.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've had to wait a week in some cases for a package marked as delivered by USPS to actually arrive to me. My Post office is a very special place. I sincerely hope your USPS is not as special as mine, but.... USPS policy allows them to electronically mark something as "delivered", when in fact it is really pending delivery. They have it in the back in a big pile of packages and they are just getting around to delivering it. There is no excuse for this. I have even received slips in my po box indicating a package to be picked up, but the morons at the window have nothing for me.

The USPS is a broken, inefficient system with a bunch of careless employees and just as careless management. There is nothing you can do to change this. You can bring the tracking # to a clerk; he or she will make a good faith effort to find the package and not find it (waste of your time while you wait). You can go to the Post Master at your local PO. He or she will make a good faith effort to find the package and not find it (waste of your time while you wait). All you an do is wait until USPS grinds your package through its machine and it is eventually available to you. Ineptitude of this magnitude can not be fought, it can only be understood and avoided so it does not drag you down and waste your time.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I had a shipment from a customer to use as samples for a product that we were asked to make delivered to my office via FedEx. The tracking showed that it was delivered at 9pm that night amd signed for by my warehouse managers first name, with another employees last name. The other problem was that no one in my warehouse was there until 9pm, and neither was anyone from another company that rents warehouse space.

After doing some research, the driver falsified the delivery records. My package showed up a day later, and we have never seen that driver again.

Some delivery people just don't value their jobs I guess?
Beebu is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat