mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
pic of Irma from my cousin. she is currently south of port au prince - view is looking east towards the DR
What is she doing there?

I am married to Haitian woman and speak fluent Haitian Creole.
apamburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

please share if know people in this area. three of us are on it. one left all ready not sure about the other dude. but i want to leave first thing in friday to miss all traffic

Hurricane Irma's potential impact along the Space Coast could result in a 10-foot sea level rise (3-meter) and a 2- or 3-meter rise in the Lagoon
Irma could cause 10-foot storm surge
Old 09-07-2017, 10:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

It moved west again.

God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilerman View Post
"Silence...I'll bunker you!"
Sic Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Hands down record holder for the largest purchase ever from BigMatt
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
Heart of Texas

CCM Fan
Empty out your dishwasher and put your valuables in it. It's water tight and your stuff won't get damaged.

Need money? I buy Eclipse splash stuff..
cave_hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:07 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave_hero View Post
Empty out your dishwasher and put your valuables in it. It's water tight and your stuff won't get damaged.
That is a damn good tip!

By the way, some fun reading (or listening if you like audio books) for my fellow Floridians this hurricane weekend:

Author: Tim Dorsey
Book: Hurricane Punch
Synopsis:
That lovable, under-undermedicated dispenser of truth, justice, and trivia is back with a vengeance—just as his cherished home state is about to take a beating from a conga line of hurricanes bearing down on the peninsula. But as Serge and his burnout buddy Coleman go storm-chasing, bodies begin turning up at a disturbing rate, even by Florida standards. It looks like a serial killer is on the loose—another serial killer—which highly offends Serge's moral sensibilities. And he vows he'll stop at nothing to unmask his thrill-killing rival and make All Things Right—though Coleman's triathlete approach to the sport of polyabuse binging threatens to derail the mission more completely than the entire combined Sunshine State police community could ever hope to.

It is one of my favorites in the series. If you like a mystery book that doesn't read like a mystery book and displays Florida Man in all his glory before it was even a thing, this series is for you! I admit, the first couple books are hard to get into, but my god are the rest good If you can get a hold of the audio book, even better! I have the first 15 on a disk if anyone wants to borrow em... after the storm.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
A Secret Police Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Talked to my sister in Ft. Meyers last night. She has to be at work through all of this, the joys of working in a pharmacy. Her husband and 2 kids and 2 dogs will be riding it out, they really have no choice. If they evacuate, they know they can't get out of Florida on a tank of gas, and with the gas stations running out, they run a serious chance of being stuck somewhere. Them and their neighbors have all their stuff packed away where they can. They are 6 houses away from the Caloosahatchee River which is the main water way out of of Okkechobee. If that thing goes, Southern Florida is gonna be gone.
FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN
Not "Mr. Hoity Toity's" brother
Hector Lives!
Its all appricots & sunshine baby, appricots & sunshine..
DPrekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

They wont make it out of Florida, not now. I am already hearing reports of abandoned cars on all major highways north bound due to them running out of gas from idling.

I wouldn't worry too much, one requirement for FL houses and roofs are that they are able to handle at least 140mph winds. Not only that, historically the worst part of the hurricane is the NE portion, so unless Irma runs up the Gulf, they should still be safe (lets hope at least). Our friends and family on the east coast of Florida are going to be in for some trouble if it runs up the center. My parents and step brother and sister are staying put on the space coast. I know if something goes wrong at my parents house my dad can patch it in seconds, not sure bout the siblings... They can always just head over to my parents house afterwards if they need shelter.

The gov also is bending rules so we can get more gas into the state, it's just everyone is sucking it up really quick and hording it.

Also, to those who are evacuating, Rick Scott passed a bill that all lawful gun owners can legally concealed carry if they are leaving an area where an evacuation has been ordered. They have a 48 hour window that it will be allowed without a CCW license and can be extended on an as needed basis.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:37 AM   #28 (permalink)
A Secret Police Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I am pretty sure they will get through it, but that is a massive storm. Her husband is very handy. Their boys actually brought their life vests in the house "Just in case". They have a big freezer that seals so all the valuables will go in there. Boats are tied up and all.

Brother in Law is hoping that an alligator ends up in the pool. Figures he could cook it up for the neighborhood.
FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN
Not "Mr. Hoity Toity's" brother
Hector Lives!
Its all appricots & sunshine baby, appricots & sunshine..
Old 09-08-2017, 08:46 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Ah, only in Florida would you actually want a gator in the pool don't blame him, fried gator is delicious!
Old 09-08-2017, 09:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
A Secret Police Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Name:  facebook_1472082337188.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  38.2 KB

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat