mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Deplorable...

i know that "sean chip" was/is in vegas.
not sure if he was living and working there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Brass View Post
Large crowds have made me nervous for years, it sucks realizing I'm already marking cover and exits as I enter venues.
been doing that for a while now; i'm asking myself where would a shooter have the best line of fire and where are the exits?
i've already resigned myself to run at the shooter, if at all possible.

the machine-gun staccato sounded like the old news reel footage of war-torn beirut.

past & present https://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barrack Hussein Obama: The biggest fraud ever perpetrated upon the American people

Last edited by freedom; 10-02-2017 at 11:38 AM.
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Consider me put in my place on what to call it, just annoyed at this crap and don't understand it myself. I do appreciate your points of view and regardless if you are angered or frustrated at what I typed, consider me placated on the topic I brought up.

I can't even fathom putting myself in those guys shoes and understand what it takes to do such a thing or be a victim of such a crime. Crappy thing to wake up to, had to check on a friend who was traveling and made sure he wasn't in the area. Too much of a reminder of the pulse nightclub, had to check up on quite a few friends and family at that time and make sure they weren't near by or in the club itself.

Last edited by paintzapper; 10-02-2017 at 12:11 PM.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

What surprised me the most was how much this has changed. When I went to bed "last night" (this morning) at 04:00 EDT it was 2 dead, 20 injured. I wake up today to find it's now over 50, close to 60, dead, and around 500 injured. This is one f***ed up situation.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

What we should do is start labeling people like this not as terrorists or murders, but something to shame them. He was mentally inept, regressed. I don't particularly want to use the "R" word, but that fits the bill.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
What we should do is start labeling people like this not as terrorists or murders, but something to shame them. He was mentally inept, regressed. I don't particularly want to use the "R" word, but that fits the bill.
No. Just no.

And what about all the people who are struggling to make ends meet who are also disabled? You think looping this person in with them is the solution? Could you find a bigger bus to throw innocent people under?

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
It's a tragedy for sure and the loss of life is awful. There's never any way to understand what goes on in a crazy person head.

But don't let it affect how you live your life. If you liked going to concerts before keep going. If you weren't a concert/crowds type don't think youre any safer. Tragedy and senseless loss of life lurks everywhere. You can dwell on that or you can live your life to its potential. Most of us here are safer in our everyday activities then most so be thankful for what you have.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Not Northern per Mar

Let's all try and stand in unity at least for a full 24 hours.....
Old 10-02-2017, 06:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Lets change some pace here, I know there are several legit support sites and go-fund-me campaigns. As I am on my phone and it is a bit clunky to do so, anyone able to link said places? I know they need blood like no ones buisness and the families will need some support for medical bills.

This has been a hell of a couple months for this country.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Very depressing , plain and simple. So many lives ruined.
NONOBLITUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I was out of town for decay. Just texted Sean and he says he's good. My mom is a ticu charge nurse at Umc. She says it was incredible how many folks came out and helped.

Edit. I guess ticu autocorrected to rich? But my Mom told me that she had just admitted a patient when the alarm went off again to signal an activation. Whomever she talked to said "Angela, we've got at least 20 gsw's. " She ran back and yell out for everyone to get ready, we got a lot of activations. They cleared out their entire stock of medicines, bandages and things like foleys and chest tubes. So she raided all the other units for anything anyone could spare. She said every single nurse, day or night showed up and helped and off duty emts were coming in to help assess and take care of the less seriously injured. Then they got even more patients because other hospitals in town were sending the most serious to them. (Umc is the closest to the strip and also the only lvl 1 trauma center) They had several areas being used like pre op and stuff to take care of the massive influx of people. She was so pumped up when I was talking to her, usually she gets a bit down but she was killing it. She went in early yesterday into today to help out even more. She's been showing me messages from old friends and doctors who don't work there who are trying to take care of the staff. other hospitals around the country sending aid and supplies and making sure that the staff has food and stuff to make sure that they're ok.

While this shooting is a tragedy, it's absolutely amazing to see how the local community is coming out to help. All the blood donation facilities are open and have 7 plus hour waits to donate blood. Uber is giving free reuses to and from to help the cause. And donations are flowing in to help the people. Truely amazing to see how everyone is coming together.

Please forgive any bad grammar, on my phone with no contacts at 4:25 because I wanted to write stuff down.

Last edited by Bow; 10-03-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat