mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrekel View Post
Tracker - you weren't and no one broke any rules. It is just that these discussions have a way of derailing. It is an interesting topic and one worth discussing, just not in this thread and best in the members section..
cool, just wanted to make sure i hadn't stepped on any toes

ill have to renew my greenie status (ive been slacking)

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Am I alone in thinking it was very uncool of the media to release audio of gunfire and screams...
Third of Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third of Five View Post
Am I alone in thinking it was very uncool of the media to release audio of gunfire and screams...
I certainly don't join you in that. There's no legitimate reason to sanitize the details of current events in media designed to inform adults - indeed, there's already a great deal of that going on.

There's a significant difference between just reading "X rounds were fired and Y people killed/injured" and also hearing audio/seeing video of what occurred. Whatever its other unpleasant attributes, the latter is undoubtedly getting closer to reporting the whole truth of an occurrence (though reporting that notes its inherently incomplete, moment-in-time nature would help avoid having the audience take too much from any given recording).
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.

Last edited by John Satclaire; 10-03-2017 at 08:26 PM.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
I need this!

Quote:
If they'd shown people getting hit I'd agree with you. Actually hearing the klacking of full auto fire made the whole thing more real for me though. These kinds of things should horrify us, not showing the footage would actually be irresponsible.

Always looking for a Woodland Camo F1 Illustrator. Got an extra?
Rusty Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
Patient Zero

CCM Fan
Quote:
i mean, yes and no, no from the sake of nobody can claim that all we are getting is doctored footage

yes in the sense its a bit of trauma that a lot of people are going to have to be dealing with for their entire lives, and replaying is constantly is doing them no favors

but unless you plan on combing through all of youtube, twitter, vine, snapchat etc.. there's just too much info flying around the sphere to stop it all, so if you didn't get it from source a, you would have gotten it from source b

right now id really just like them to get an audio expert and have them show how echos work, and how shooting from a 300 foot elevated position at 1,100 feet distance on a 3 bladed flat sided building, with several other flat sided buildings nearby can create echoes that sound like it could be coming from different directions (they can use crayons if necessary)

im so, so very tired of people making unsubstantiated claims about multiple shooters, people shooting out of windows on the 4th and 5th floors
i know a LOT of emergency responders. i know cops, both active and retired, firefighters, doctors, and nurses, the ONLY people who are pushing the "multi shooter" theory are people who know how to use facebook.. and are using the videos posted online as their proof. or they know someone who was on the ground, cause obviously the most accurate reports are made by people who are on the ground being shot at...

sorry for the rant, its been a day....

Trackers feedback

Last edited by Tracker; 10-03-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

It was the first thing I heard from my most trusted media source, the freakin' CBC. I knew it was out there, how could it not be, but for the country's top media here in the Great White North to lead with it? I agree we shouldn't sanitize the news, but the very first thing I heard about the tragedy was the audio with a 'serious' voice-over giving the body count and very little detail about what had happened, Tacky, sensationalist, and in no way appropriate for those with loved ones in the area to hear, and especially as we are only now finding out that there were four of our citizens among the dead.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
Patient Zero

CCM Fan
Quote:
It was the first thing I heard from my most trusted media source, the freakin' CBC. I knew it was out there, how could it not be, but for the country's top media here in the Great White North to lead with it? I agree we shouldn't sanitize the news, but the very first thing I heard about the tragedy was the audio with a 'serious' voice-over giving the body count and very little detail about what had happened, Tacky, sensationalist, and in no way appropriate for those with loved ones in the area to hear, and especially as we are only now finding out that there were four of our citizens among the dead.
i see no fault with that, it is sensationalist, and misleading as hell, i had lots of people asking me if i was okay, including people who know that i would never be at a country music festival.. they were just going on the sparse *** information given out by the US media (speculation first, facts second). which unfortunatly. has been nothing but sensationalism for the last 20-ish years or so

Trackers feedback

Last edited by Tracker; 10-03-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sensationalism aside, my thoughts and prayers are with the victims' families.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:59 PM   #39 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

The more I dig into it, the more the initial narrative doesn't line up. That's just me.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think some of these shootings could be understood as suicides. Someone decides they hate the world and their own life. They resolve to kill themselves and bite the world at the same time.
They may be on the rise because society is not reinforcing a reason to live. Relgion used to play that role, and it still does for some. Nihilism is something that many people just accept, and some accept it and come to the suicide conclusion.

Last edited by jellyghost; 10-03-2017 at 11:33 PM.
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat